** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

avoiding bad beats from a guy on tilt

Haichan

The following hand took place in the 88 poker $5000 guareeted tonight. We were down to 47 with 30 paid. I had been in the bottom 2 for about an hour card dead and then had tripled up over a couple of hands to $20,000 putting me in about 18th place. The guy in late position in this hand had lost $3000 to me on the previous hand when he bluffed raised me when I was setting on a top pair of KIngs. I was now dealt KK's and reraised an all in call. His call of $9960 has effectively put him all in. He is calling with A4 suited when the blinds are only 600. he hits a straight on the river when the 10 falls beating my trip KK's and taking half my stack. He splits the pot with the all in raiser who hit his straight on the flop. It appears to me the caller was somehow tilted by the previous hand. I perhaps should have rr-raised all in but I am not sure that would have discouraged his call. I was out 20 hands later in 38th when my AQ push ran into AK. Don't really think I could have played it anyother way. Any views. $300/$600 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 23 11 2010 21:43:49 Tournament #28758099 $20 + $2 - Table #25 (Real Money) Seat 7 is the button Total number of players : 8 Seat 1: skubanek ( $10,029 ) Seat 2: mojoDK ( $5,580 ) Seat 3: juanesnorkel ( $15,548 ) Seat 4: Haichan ( $20,392 ) Seat 6: lyyyyyyyyk ( $4,928 ) Seat 7: zaborus123 ( $12,454 ) Seat 9: yiffter45 ( $3,733 ) Seat 10: Fronsi ( $10,778 ) yiffter45 posts small blind [$300] Fronsi posts big blind [$600] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to Haichan [ Kc, Kd ] skubanek folds mojoDK raises [$5,580] juanesnorkel folds Haichan raises [$10,560] lyyyyyyyyk folds zaborus123 folds yiffter45 folds Fronsi calls [$9,960] ** Dealing flop ** [ Jc, Qc, Kh ] Fronsi checks Haichan bets [$600] Fronsi calls [$218] ** Dealing turn ** [ 7s ] ** Dealing river ** [ Ts ] ** Summary ** mojoDK shows [ Ac, Th ] Haichan shows [ Kc, Kd ] Fronsi shows [ 4d, Ad ] Fronsi collected [ $8,520 ] mojoDK collected [ $8,520 ] Fronsi collected [ $10,396 ]

Re: avoiding bad beats from a guy on tilt

Obviously not. But thats the point of posting to see if any thinks it should have been played a different way.
But if you had won the hand you wouldn't have even considered the possibility that you played it wrong. You would have known that you played it right and forgotten about the hand. You can't be results oriented.

Re: avoiding bad beats from a guy on tilt You couldn't have played it any different Haichan except for the sentence below relating to making the money ..... maybe ... The initial all in raiser wins main pot anyway. The "tilt guy" was always going to call or go all in whether you flat call 5000 odd chips , re-raise what you did , or go all in. Thus you can still break even on side pot , but post turn "tilt guy" has only a 3.65% chance of winning. You still have a 23% chance of winning main pot at that point as well so all in all you would be happy every time with one card to come under these circumstances. In hindsight you were card dead for 2 hours , you then get up in chips , pick up a big hand ... but the way it played out there was a big chance it would be for over half your chips (I think) ..... If you are content with making the money you fold .... but if you want to get top 3 or 4 then you have to risk it when you get dealt KK etc. The only problem is the initial raiser has a big % chance of having an ace (knowing utg + 1 short stacks :loon) ..... therefore knowing online hands with KK hes probably going to hit ....:rollin All in all you will win with KK next time in this position ...... or i'm a dancing cow ...:cow