BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November

12:20 Wetherby - National Trust - Back Yet another long odds on shot for me over obstacles in a small field but again I think he has a glorious chance here. Has won his last 2 starts so gunning for the hat-trick here and none of the opposition come into the race in anything like the form that he does. He absolutely bolted up 16 days ago when having the field well and truly strung out in a similarly small fielded event. Based on that he should win this here and probably in a fairly comfortable and effortless fashion. Currently trading at 4/11 on Betfair but I expect his SP to be shorter than that, probably somewhere in the region of 1/4 or thereabouts 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 24th November 2:40 Lingfield - Faithful Ruler - 1pt @ 11/2 (WillHill - BOG) Has very solid claims here off lowest mark in quite a while, now 2lbs lower than last winning mark (on turf) and comes here in decent form having performed creditably last twice on very testing ground. The return to an AW surface should help, especially now that he's in a race where they could go a decent gallop. He's a very strong traveler who often flatters to deceive but could be right at home on this speedy Lingfield surface. He's not well drawn stats wise but considering he's a hold up horse, I don't think it should have any great effect at all. He has a new jockey on board in Phillip Makin, a jockey I rate very highly and he's a very interesting jockey booking for Richard Fahey. They've only teamed up once at this course and that ended up being a winner, if all goes to plan I reckon they'll make it 2 from 2 here with the only horse they pair up for today. This is a relatively tough race but plenty of horses come here either handicapped out of it or in bad form, I think that Faithful Ruler doesn't fall into either of those categories and can gain his first victory since September of 09, assuming they go a decent gallop. He has the ability to win this and the return to this surface could make him click, 11/2 looks generous and he's the 7/2 clear favourite in my book.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.