** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rugby Union 29th-31st

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st Not an easy set of fixtures to predict this Friday, I'll certainly not be going over the top with the £'s, but here goes anyway! Scarlets v Glasgow Scarlets have come out of the first set of European games in slightly better shape than Glasgow & especially after their win against Cardiff last week. Glasgows last trip to the valleys ended in a 12 point loss to the Dragons. Scarlets are missing Stephen Jones & Ceri Sweeney, so this may impact on their points scoring ability and Glasgow also have a fairly good record against the Scarlets. Taking all of this into account I'll go for the winning points difference of 1-5 & 6-10, in favour of the Scarlets. Racing v Perpignan Perpignan came second in an absolute classic game of Rugby, away at Toulouse last week & everything depends on how they comeback from that game. I believe they have the ability to make this a close game & Racing have begun to stutter recently after a great start. I have not been able to find any team news yet, so I am a little blind as to what to predict, but no excuses & here goes! Racing to win but it will be tight - winning margin 1-5 & 6-10. :hope

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st Hi nigel, agreed on Racing, but ill be doing 1-10, 2/1 munster 1-10 same ladbrokes, 5/2 , better back line, better kickers, and trimles been scoring all of ulsters points and hes out scarlets 1-10. Glasgo are good to hang on, i almost went with them on this game too, but depite jones being out, i see them edging this, 15/8 ladbrokes. Id be on william hill as usual, but their 1-12 for munster is 9/4 and racing is 21/20, so im going with the bigger price/margin tradeoff here. 10 euro trixie for me. ive also been onto customer services in stan james and willhill as to why they had no margins last week (dunno if you saw my rant, mbut i missed out on the guts of 700 quid). Betpack, have said that stan james do all their online stuff, and stan james wont tell me why they stopped it. I think its because all the games were tunning so close over there. This is seen in the price on rracing 1-12 tonight at 21/20, which is pure shite. they must have both been taking a pummelling by someone.

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st Hi homercleese, Racing 1-10 with Paddy Power only 6/4, so you could be right on the pummelling front! But maybe it is just a good call by the Bookies as I do not see much in th result for this game. I hate to say it but you are right about the Munster game, they may well prove too strong for the Ulstermen tonight.

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st AAARRRGHHH! won the double on the trixie, when i saw bobo on the right about to run in for a try i was sure i was on for the guts of 7 hundred quid. and somehow he smacked the ball up in the air for the pass, which was fine!! Muppet cost me a fotune!! Then they have a 5 metre penalty with no time to go, their scrum has dominated throughout, the penalty right in the middle of the pitch, they score a try and they win and WHAT DO THEY DO, kick for a draw!!! Unbelieveable, despite the win, im fookin sickened!! :spank

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st

Then they have a 5 metre penalty with no time to go, their scrum has dominated throughout, the penalty right in the middle of the pitch, they score a try and they win and WHAT DO THEY DO, kick for a draw!!! Unbelieveable, despite the win, im fookin sickened!! :spank
Understand you may be a bit peeved but only a blind man could claim the RCM dominated the scrum. They were on the backfoot in that department for at leat 65% of the game. Chabal didn't even look through the windscreen, it was rear-view mirrors though-out :eek. They lost the game in the 1st half when they had every chance to bury USAP but didn't take any of them. Yes they could have got a try in the 2nd 40 & yes they did cough up a lot of ball but they have noone to blame but themselves. Its unfortunate but there is no point in kidding yourself. RCM ****** up, end of. Btw I was into them for -6.5 @4/5 & win by 1-12 21/20 & by 1-10 2/1. These things happen :(

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st fairly obvious they f**ked up, and yes these things happen. Do you always state the obvious? i was pissed off i missed a chunk of cash. Their scrum was on the up and up in the second half, and bobo somehow managed to drop an easy pass for a run in on 70 mins. How exacty was i kidding myself?????? not thta im arsed knowing....so its grand, honestly...

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st Toulouse v Toulon Key players missing for Toulon and Toulouse have rejected French internationals, David Skrela, Vincent Clerc, Louis Picamoles and Clément Poitrenaud in their side, means Toulon face an uphill struggle! I expect a similar result to last weeks win over Perpignan (38-29) for Toulouse, maybe not as high scoring. Toulouse winning margin 6-10 & 11-15

Stade Toulousain44 - 5Toulon
:puke Clermont v Stade Francais Clermont have not lost at home this season & have scored plenty of tries as well, Montpellier have the best record against them only losing by 17 points (27-10)! Stade on the other hand have improved away from home as the season has gone on. Expect a big game from Stade's Mathieu Bastareaud, who Marc Lièvremont reckons is too fat for Test rugby. Clermont should still win but I'll take it to be closer than most people think it will be. Clermont winning margin 6-10 & 11-15
Clermont27 - 3Stade Francais
Not a good start! :cry Gloucester v Leicester I like the look of the straight win for Gloucester @ 11/10, much improved and in front of the shed, should see Gloucester past the Tigers. Leicester have an issue at scrum half due to injuries and they rely on a loan player at scrum half, called Jason Spice among the replacements. Leicester defensively this season have not looked at their best this season, especially away from home. Gloucester win 11/10 & winning points difference 1-5 & 6-10.
Gloucester19 - 12Leicester Tigers
I love Gloucester! :clap Harlequins v Bath Similar thoughts to the Gloucester result, straight win for Quins @ evens is fairly attractive. Quins are a tricky side at home only losing once this season to Northampton, at the Stoop. Quins are very good at starving the opposition of the ball, their defence is pretty solid and with this in mind they should counter the attacking rugby of Bath. Bath have only won once away from home this season and that was against Leeds on the opening day of the season! Harlequins win evens & winning points margin 1-5 & 6-10
Harlequins6 - 6 (0 - 3) Bath
:\ Good luck everyone however you bet!

Re: Rugby Union 29th-31st another draw fudges me again. 211 euro double on castres and toulon 1-12, both away from home, got 3/1 and 5/1!!!! on castres. toulon came through for the single, got me money back, but christ castres were winning all games. bloody draws are crucifying me lately.