Should he stay or should he go ?

Paul Roy You probably read the story.........the head of the BHA, one of who's investment companies recently bought 5 million shares in Betfair when it was floated. (They'd applied for 40 million shares but the offer was over-subscribed and they only got 5 million) Even without knowing all the details it seems an open and shut case of a conflict of interest. The man in charge of an organisation trying to get the best deal possible out of the betting industry is a large shareholder in a constituent part of that industry. He says that he can put one hat on when he's at the BHA and another hat when he's at his investment company.........that doesn't really wash, does it ? It's the perception of a conflict of interest that just as important. Let's just say, for example, that Betfair get what appears to be a good deal from the BHA (and whatever the deal is, some people will think just that) then people will insinuate that they got a good deal because the boss of the BHA is a shareholder in betfair - it undermines his authority in dealing with the betting industry What do you think ?..........stay or go ?

Re: Should he stay or should he go ? Or maybe he could have used the shares as leverage to try and push through some BHA policies? Or he could have pumped his dividends back into the BHA? Nah, you're probably right, Trotter :rollin I haven't read the article, although I'm sure I will do over the next day or two. However, he'll probably end up going.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.