UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November

Sport Football (Champions League) Event Chelsea - Spartak M Selection under 3,5 goals Strength 10/10 Date 03/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.57 Reasoning Spartak also revealed that the injuries to Ari and Parshivlyuk would keep both out of action for some considerable time.Spartak have won both their league games since the defeat to Chelsea. They beat Zenit St Petersburg and followed that with a 2-1 success over Rostov where winger Aiden McGeady scored an injury-time penalty. Spartak are looking to qualify for their second consecutive Champions League and with teams above them in the Russian League dropping points, their chances are improving. There are five games remaining and Spartak are eight points off automatic qualification and seven away from making the preliminary qualifying rounds next season. Spartak got only 1 over in their last 9 away games in all competitions, also they got 4 straight clean sheets: 23.10.2010 RUS D1 Sibir Novosibirsk 0-0 Spartak Moscow 03.10.2010 RUS D1 Anzhi Makhachkala 0-1 Spartak Moscow 20.09.2010 RUS D1 Spartak Nalchik 0-2 Spartak Moscow 15.09.2010 UEFA CL Olympique Marseille 0-1 Spartak Moscow 28.08.2010 RUS D1 Terek Groznyi 2-0 Spartak Moscow 15.08.2010 RUS D1 Lokomotiv Moscow 2-3 Spartak Moscow 25.07.2010 RUS D1 Krylia Sovetov Samara 0-0 Spartak Moscow 13.07.2010 RUS Cup Metallurg Lipetsk 0-1 Spartak Moscow 09.07.2010 RUS D1 FK Rostov 1-0 Spartak Moscow Chelsea got only 1 over in their last 7 games, as in 5 of this 7 games they got clean sheet! 30.10.2010 ENG PR Blackburn Rovers 1-2 Chelsea FC 23.10.2010 ENG PR Chelsea FC 2-0 Wolverhampton 19.10.2010 UEFA CL Spartak Moscow 0-2 Chelsea FC 1 6.10.2010 ENG PR Aston Villa 0-0 Chelsea FC 03.10.2010 ENG PR Chelsea FC 2-0 Arsenal FC 28.09.2010 UEFA CL Chelsea FC 2-0 Olympique Marseille 25.09.2010 ENG PR Manchester City 1-0 Chelsea FC Also Chelsea got very important away game during the upcoming weekend against Liverpool on 6th.10.2010 - Saturday ,so the hosts would prefer to be fresh and fit for this clash.Both teams top socrrers will miss - Malouda + Ari, so the under is very possible outcome.
Ari is not that important player.Specialy if Alex is back he will be playing even if Ari would be fit! :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November I always think that the 4th round of games in the CL, and now the EL, bring with it a lot of goals. Teams who may have been more conservative in the opening round of matches now know that time is fast running out and if they wish to continue in the competition, and Europe itself, then they need to be more attacking and open up a little more. There weren't many match ups last night which fitted my criteria but there are tonight. Basel v Roma, Cluj v Bayern, Partizan v Braga and Auxerre v Ajax. All four of these games have teams who can basically be all but knocked out of the competition, or chances seriously reduced, tonight if they don't get a result, and fortunately enough, they're all at home so. I think the home factor is key as it puts the emphasis even more on attacking as opposed to playing it safe and on the counter. With this in mind, I think the over 2.5 goals could be very tasty in all four games. Even in the other games I expect a plethora of goals tonight. Both games involving Madrid and Arsenal may well be dodgy because of their other interests but logic dictates that both have enough quality and motivation to score themselves. With their mind being possibly elsewhere, it gives their opponents the chance to also nick a goal, so rather than the over 2.5 goals here, both teams to score may be worth an investment.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Shakhtar is facing Arsenal in the 4th round of this year competition CL.The hosts are playing very strong at home in europe games ,and from the beggining of this season they won all last 14 home games so far which is very impressive to me.Other interesting fact is that Shakhtar is unbeaten in last 50 home games!Eduardo will lead the hosts attack.Arsenal is gonna play with a kind of reserve squad after securing the 1st spot in the group at the moment with 3 straight wins.Arsene Wenger will probably rest Nasri,Arshavin,Song and Denilson.Cesc Fabregas will miss Wednesday trip to Shakhtar Donetsk because of a hamstring injury.Some of the got light injuries and some will be rest just cause Arsenal got away game incoming weekend against Newcastle.This will be big battle for Premiership , so with 9 points so far Arsene can rotate the squad without pressure.Jack Wilshire , Bendter , Walcot and Rosicky are expected to start and they will be full motivated to impress their manager and to win 1st team place.Arsenal young squad is very talanted and they are showing it from the beggining of the year winning the games in domestic cup cometitions.Wilshire signed new contract so the youngster is expected to shine again.Arsenal hadnt scored only once in their last 12 away games(2:0 loss from Chelsea).Shaktar stadium is already sold and the hosts are full motivated to show to Europe that they are factor and can create troubles to everyone.Lochescu squad will try to dominate and to press the opponent so i expect open and agressive game from both sides. over 2,5 goals 1.98 @ Ladbrokes

Chelsea vs Spartak Moscow (Chelsea to win to nil - 1.83 @ Bet365) Chelsea can book their place in the last 16 with a win here and I have the feeling this is going to be a routine win for Chelsea. Chelsea tend to defend well at home and usually keep a clean sheet, and with Spartak missing Ari up top, I can't see them as much of a threat. They will be missing Malouda but Drogba is back and I would fully expect a narrow 1-0 at the least at Stamford Bridge.
totally agree, I will pick this one :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November AC MILAN - MADRID First thought on this game are that madrid will continue there progress with a win, there getting used to joses methods with every game and for me becoming more and more impressive. Milans home defeat to juve was a bad blow and with tempermental players not sure they have that grit needed to bounce back against a top top team. man for man, madrid are better, team for team, madrid are better, manager to manager, madrid are better. Madrid will be as stubborn as usual and are always likely to nick a goal, i like a 1-0 or 2-0 win here. Madrid unbeaten in domestic league scoring 25 in 9 and conceding 5, unbeaten in europe scoring 5 in 3 conceding 0. milans form is eratic and although clearly capable they show no sign of being any kind of force. they could possibly win tonight, they probably wont. MADRID TO WIN @ 7/5 STAN JAMES UNDER 2.5 GOALS @ EVENS BETFAIR MADRID TO WIN TO NIL @ 11/4 BET365 MADRID OVER 5.5 CORNERS @ 10/11 BET365 AUXERRE - AJAX I fancy auxerre to beat ajax tonight, they have had some tough games in a tough group, they scored there only goal of group away to ajax in the last round and were unlucky not to get something from the game, they need to win to get back on track and boost confidence that they can get out of the group, out of the six games they will play this should be viewed as the most winable, but of course its not a gimmie. Ajax had a good 4-1 win at the weekend and of course beat auxerre 2 weeks ago so will be in good spirits. auxerre had a tidy 2-0 win at home to nice at the weekend following an impressive 3-2 away win at PSG following the last ajax game, i expect them to be right on the money with a few goals in the game too. AUXERRE TO WIN @ 13/8 BET365 HT/FT AUXERRE/AUXERRE @ 3/1 BET365 OVER 2.5 @ 41/40 BET365 BOTH TO SCORE @ 4/5 888SPORT more to follow........

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Auxerre v Ajax - LAY Auxerre @ 2.72 Betfair Good chance for Ajax to qualify from this group, they know a victory here will set them up nicely going into the last two games. Auxerre have been disappointing so far, in both Champions League & Ligue 1. Ajax were in control in the last game between these two, before having a player sent off at 2-0 up after 55 minutes, they still held on for the crucial three points. I feel there are goals in this Ajax team and they should take a positive result back to Holland.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November 2.6 @ bet365 on Arsenal to win is high in my opinion. Arsenal will be without Fabregas but what's new? Nasri and Wilshire have both proven that they can deputise and play well without him. Arsenal are deadly on the counter with the addition of Walcott, and Wilshire having just signed his new contract are both going to be looking to assert theirselves. Bendtner's position is also under threat from Chamakh and, as rubbish as he is, will try his little pink boots off and he very often ends up in the goals. Shakhtar are an attacking team and will fancy Arsenal at home but I think they're going to get stung on the counter. @Jompy Arsenal have Newcastle at home this weekend. Chelsea are playing Liverpool.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Basel surprised Roma in Italy and now the Italians are in quite complicated situation.They are with only 3 points from 3 games - their games left are at home with Beyern and away in Romania and in Basel.Also important fact is that they are playing Rome Derby incoming weekend with Lazio,so i am wondering which game is more important for them.Roma face two huge challenges in the space of five days this week and captain Francesco Totti is doubtful for both. The Italians visit Basle tomorrow knowing anything other than victory will severely dent their chances of reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League, while this weekend they take on bitter rivals Lazio in Serie A. Totti, who was sent off in Saturday's 2-0 win over Lecce, is set to miss the Rome derby through suspension. To complicate matters for Roma coach Claudio Ranieri, Totti is fighting against the clock to recover from a shoulder injury sustained at the weekend. Ranieri will be without defenders Philippe Mexes and Matteo Brighi, with the former out with the flu and the latter injured. Roma have never won on Swiss soil and Basle will fancy their chances of taking a positive result at the St Jakob-Park stadium. Thorsten Fink's men will be looking to pick up where they left off in their 3-1 win over Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last month. The result lifted Basle to second in Group E, level on three points with Roma and Cluj. Basle used the victory as a launchpad for a good run in the domestic league. They claimed 3-1 wins over St Gallen and Bellinzona to climb to the top of the Swiss Super League, their position heading into Wednesday's match. Basle have rewarded Fink with a two-year contract extension that will keep him tied to the club until June 2013 Interesting fact is that Roma got only 1 draw in their last 7 away games! 24.10.2010 ITA D1 Parma FC 0-0 AS Roma 03.10.2010 ITA D1 SSC Napoli 2-0 AS Roma 22.09.2010 ITA D1 Brescia Calcio 2-1 AS Roma 15.09.2010 UEFA CL Bayern München 2-0 AS Roma 11.09.2010 ITA D1 Cagliari Calcio 5-1 AS Roma 21.08.2010 ITA SC Inter Milan 3-1 AS Roma 13.08.2010 INT CF Olympiakos Pireus 5-1 AS Roma Adriano, Taddei, Pizarro and Brighi are injured , Mexes is with allergic asthma,Borriello had to stop, due to muscle fatigue, therefor probably he'll start it from the bench. I expect strong motivated home side to do their best for winning the game Basel DNB 1.85 @ Expekt

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Lets see if we can change our luck from last night's dismal performance CFR Cluj - Bayern Munich over 2.5 @ 1.91 pinnacle Cluj showed that they were not overawed in the first game with Bayern as they were gallant in the 3-2 loss, and should not be underestimated here. They had beaten Basel 2-1 at home and lost 2-1 at Roma, so they have been thereabouts in their games, and now at home, should be much stronger opposition for Bayern. Bayern had beaten Roma 2-0 at home and won 2-1 away to Basel, so while they have goals in them, their defence does conceded as Cluj did score twice in Munich. Cluj need a win here to give themselves a chance to progress while a win for Bayern secures their progress into the next phase, so if the first game is any indication, then goals are likely again Basel - Roma over 2.5 @ 1.71 pinnacle Basel are looking to rebound from their 3-1 loss in Rome, and they are a team that is capable of scoring, but also conceding, as they have also lost 2-1 at home to Bayern Munich and 2-1 away to CFR Cluj. They are leading the Swiss competition and on home turf, they will look to register their first points in this competition. Roma too have scored and conceded, with a 2-1 home win over CFR Cluj as well as a 2-0 loss at Bayern Munich. They go into this game without Mexes and Brighi in defence, but Totti is likely to play, as they need a win to help with their progression into the next phase. Can see an open game here with goals in it Chelsea -2.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Chelsea showed their class to overcome the distance and synthetic pitch to beat Spartak Moscow at their ground 2-0. Now they are at home where they are very hard to beat, and while they miss Lampard and Malouda for this game, they have a ready to go striker in Drogba who cannot wait to get back into this competition and can see him scoring goals here. Spartak Moscow's are missing their main striker Ari and defender Parshivlyuk for this game, going to a ground that many sides in the EPL have received a hiding, and doubt that they will be able to withstand the Chelsea onslaught Zilina - Marseille under 2.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Zilina have score just once in their 3 group games, and are coming off a 1-0 loss away to Marseille in a pretty tight match. Expect this game to follow similar lines with both sides giving little away. Marseille have also scored just once in their 3 group games, while losing the other two games, 2-0 at Chelsea and 1-0 at home to Spartak Moscow. Looks like another low scoring game, as Marseille should be fresh from not having played on the weekend, and are the more favoured side, but the odds are low for them. Better value on a low scoring game here Milan - Real Madrid under 2.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Milan will be looking to reverse the 2-0 loss they suffered when they were beaten in Madrid as they allowed two early goals and never recovered. Prior to that they beat Auxerre 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 away. Expect them to be a bit more cautious here as they will not be wanting to concede so early like they did in the first game. Real have not conceded a goal in their 3 group games, but they have not scored more than 2 goal in any of these games either. Mourinho will look to sit and wait and hit Milan on the counter as he tends to do in the away games in the CL, but a win here is not as important for him, as a point will be enough for him. Can see a low scoring game here Auxerre - Ajax under 2.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Auxerre tend to play well at home and will be a much more tougher opponent for Ajax, especially as they will be looking to improve on only their one goal they have scored in their 3 games so far. However they go into this game without Oliech and Mignot who are suspended, while Le Tallec, Langil and Jelen are injured. Ajax also have their share on injuries with striker Mido out, de Zeeuw and Oleguer missing, and Ooijer is suspended. With each side missing a few players, they may lack some fluency in their game, and with each side not prolific in front of goals, doubt too many will be scored here Partizan Belgrade - Braga over 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Partizan will look to get their first points in this group phase and expect a more offensive display, especially as their home crowd will be encouraging them to do so. Braga played well in beating Partizan 2-0 at home, as their strikers played quite well and like them to cause these defenders problems once again. Expect Partizan to attack from the start, which will also enable Braga to hit them on the counter. Can see an open game with goals in it, as Braga did lose 6-0 at Arsenal and did beat Sevilla 4-3 in their two previous away games in the CL. Shaktar Donetsk - Arsenal over 2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Both teams like to attack, and doubt much will change here. Arsenal are much better at home than away, while Shaktar should be much better in this game on their own ground, so doubt that the 5-1 win by Arsenal will be repeated here. Even though Fabregas it out, they still have quality attacking players in their side, as they have scored 14 goals in their 3 group games so far. Shaktar will keep coming at Arsenal and can see them scoring here, as Arsenal have their share of injuries so the game should be much closer than the first game. Expect goals though, as both sides like to attack, and neither defence can be considerd that good that they are unlikely to concede

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November A 91st Valencia goal scuppered my bet yesterday, I'm looking to return some good profit tonight. There are too many games that can go wither way so there are only a few games I'll be touching tonight. Shakhtar Donetsk vs Arsenal Arsenal @ 2.50 This price is delicious for me. Yes Arsenal are missing a few players but as someone mentioned earlier, they always are and they always manage to deal with it. They don't have a great record away in Ukraine but they're playing very well at the moment and I fully expect them to seal qualification and go win here. I am not quite sure why the price is so high, I wouldve expected something around 1.80-2.00 and to be honest this strikes me as one of those games that if I didn't put money on it, Arsenal would cruise to victory, similar to United last night. A safer bet may be Over 2.5 goals but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Arsenal here. The League is finished in Ukraine and they've only played one game in the last 6 weeks, their best player Fernandinho is ruled out and they got spanked 5-1 at the Emirates a fortnight back. The gulf in class is a bit too great for me. CFR Cluj vs Bayern Munich Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.91 Bayern are in a crisis right now. They're struggling in the league and have a whole host of players injured. I was reading this and it tells me Van Gaal only has a pool of 15 players to play from! Having said that though, Bayern are a still a class unit and are coming off the back off a 3-0 win on the weekend where Mario Gomez scored a morale boosting hat-trick. Cluj are a good side, they beat Roma away from home and I fully expect them to score here like they have done in all of their matches so far in the group stages, however I also expect the class of Bayern to exploit their defence at least once. Cluj have gone over 2.5 in every game so far. This will be no exception. The double is 4.77 at William Hill. I'm a bit edgy over the Arsenal selection and may substitute for Basel/Roma - Over 2.5 but I'll decide later. Get involved.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November CLUJ - BAYERN what a great game in these two played 2 weeks ago, very watchable and i think more of the same is on the cards tonight. bayern have 3 wins from 3 in the competition so far but have looked anything but comfortable. cluj are very much still in this group with all on 3 points behind, home games are important to win and if you cant do that then the draw is a must, they took the game to bayern in the last round and should do the same again tonight. there suspect at the back and bayern have the quality to punish them, but they can score also and i expect another high scoring game. CLUJ +0.5AH @7/4 BET365 OVER 1.5 1ST HALF GOALS @7/4 BET365 OVER 3.5 GOALS @ 9/4 LADBROKES CHELSEA - SPARTAK Edit - the cluj +0.5 AH price is 41/40....apologies, wrong line This game looks very much a precession for me, chelsea had very little to worry about in the first game and im viewing this as my most profitable game. I feel chelsea will really go for the win tonight and put qualification to bed, with drogba returning after a ban i also think he will be right up for it and everyone knows hes unplayable when he is, im an arsenal fan, i should know. I think there on a bit of a mission in europe and will be tight at the back with plenty of goals going in for a comfortable win. one way traffic for majority of the game and score and stats to reflect this. CHELSEA TO WIN BOTH HALVES @ 5/4 BET365 TO WIN TO NIL @ 4/5 BET365 CHELSEA -4 CORNERS @ 20/21 BET365 CHELSEA -2 @ 15/8 BOYLESPORTS OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 3/5 BET365 CORRECT SCORE 3-0 @ 15/2 888SPORT CORRECT SCORE 4-0 @ 12/1 BLUESQUARE good luck tonight everyone.....

This game looks very much a precession for me, chelsea had very little to worry about in the first game and im viewing this as my most profitable game. I feel chelsea will really go for the win tonight and put qualification to bed, with drogba returning after a ban i also think he will be right up for it and everyone knows hes unplayable when he is, im an arsenal fan, i should know. I think there on a bit of a mission in europe and will be tight at the back with plenty of goals going in for a comfortable win. one way traffic for majority of the game and score and stats to reflect this. CHELSEA TO WIN BOTH HALVES @ 5/4 BET365 TO WIN TO NIL @ 4/5 BET365 CHELSEA -4 CORNERS @ 20/21 BET365 CHELSEA -2 @ 15/8 BOYLESPORTS OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 3/5 BET365 CORRECT SCORE 3-0 @ 15/2 888SPORT CORRECT SCORE 4-0 @ 12/1 BLUESQUARE good luck tonight everyone.....
i would follow u, but Abramovich and spartak owner are friends, cant trust those sneaky Russians :D

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Taking Chelsea to win to nil @ 1.91 (Betfair) at home to Spartak Moscow. Of Chelsea's 7 home matches so far this season in all competitions they have won 6 of their 7 matches to nil. Their only loss, and the only match they failed to keep a clean sheet was their home loss to Newcastle in the Carling cup. In addition to this they won all their home matches to nil in this October/November period last season as well, only conceding 3 goals in the 11 games they played in these 2 months. They won to nil in the away fixture against Spartak a couple of weeks ago 2-0 and for this fixture Spartak will also be missing their top scorer Ari. BOL

Basel surprised Roma in Italy and now the Italians are in quite complicated situation.They are with only 3 points from 3 games - their games left are at home with Beyern and away in Romania and in Basel.Also important fact is that they are playing Rome Derby incoming weekend with Lazio,so i am wondering which game is more important for them.Roma face two huge challenges in the space of five days this week and captain Francesco Totti is doubtful for both. The Italians visit Basle tomorrow knowing anything other than victory will severely dent their chances of reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League, while this weekend they take on bitter rivals Lazio in Serie A. Totti, who was sent off in Saturday's 2-0 win over Lecce, is set to miss the Rome derby through suspension. To complicate matters for Roma coach Claudio Ranieri, Totti is fighting against the clock to recover from a shoulder injury sustained at the weekend. Ranieri will be without defenders Philippe Mexes and Matteo Brighi, with the former out with the flu and the latter injured. Roma have never won on Swiss soil and Basle will fancy their chances of taking a positive result at the St Jakob-Park stadium. Thorsten Fink's men will be looking to pick up where they left off in their 3-1 win over Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last month. The result lifted Basle to second in Group E, level on three points with Roma and Cluj. Basle used the victory as a launchpad for a good run in the domestic league. They claimed 3-1 wins over St Gallen and Bellinzona to climb to the top of the Swiss Super League, their position heading into Wednesday's match. Basle have rewarded Fink with a two-year contract extension that will keep him tied to the club until June 2013 Interesting fact is that Roma got only 1 draw in their last 7 away games! 24.10.2010 ITA D1 Parma FC 0-0 AS Roma 03.10.2010 ITA D1 SSC Napoli 2-0 AS Roma 22.09.2010 ITA D1 Brescia Calcio 2-1 AS Roma 15.09.2010 UEFA CL Bayern München 2-0 AS Roma 11.09.2010 ITA D1 Cagliari Calcio 5-1 AS Roma 21.08.2010 ITA SC Inter Milan 3-1 AS Roma 13.08.2010 INT CF Olympiakos Pireus 5-1 AS Roma Adriano, Taddei, Pizarro and Brighi are injured , Mexes is with allergic asthma,Borriello had to stop, due to muscle fatigue, therefor probably he'll start it from the bench. I expect strong motivated home side to do their best for winning the game Basel DNB 1.85 @ Expekt
Excellent post, very helpful :clap - I am not following your pick, but for sure I am not backing Roma either... GL

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Chelsea -1 (4/6) & R Madrid -1 (7/2) double is 13/2 (6.5). Betfred Personally i dont think Chelsea needs explained as they are superior at home, scoring many goals and rarely conceed. R Madrid are really startin to click at the moment. Thye have scored 19 in there last 4 league games, agreed against weaker opposition but 19 goals is a vast amount in 4 games. Also in the champions league they are yet to concede and scored 5 goals. I think this will be the night that the click in the champions league. The Milan defence is not as strong as in old times, they have conceeded 3 out of 5 home league games, and 6 out of 9 in all league games. Milan have also conceeded 3 goals in the 3 games so far in the champions league.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Shaktar V Arsenal Arsenal DNB @ 1.97 betchronicle Heavy defeat of 5-1 of Shaktar at emirates last time but although not denying the fact that it will be a different game at the arena,I truly believe Arsenal to be a class above the ukrainian side. Both teams plays openly but Arsenal is better than Shaktar here. Walcott and Nasri starting while Fabregas,Arshavin,Denilson and Song will all be missing.Qualification of the gunners here but they'll gonna fight for the win over Shaktar so a DNB seems safer here.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Chelsea V Spartak Chelsea HT/FT @ 2.25 BET365 & Chelsea clean sheet @ 1.66 bet365. Malouda will be missing tonight while Drogba starting and from moscow we've got Ari and Stranzl missing. From all their 3 matches chelsea have lead at HT by 2 or more goals and great clean sheet records at the bridge for the blues and expecting this trend to continue here.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Shakthar vs Arsenal. Over 2.5 goals. 2.00 @ Pinnacle There's certainly massive value in this one. Arsenal are the highest scorers in this year's competition. The group though has been average and that has resulted in some blow-outs for Arsenal who will be without Fabregas tonight. And some other key players might be missing. The fact that Arsenal have never won in Ukraine would put me off backing them, but this match is not gonna be dull for sure and I'd take over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 odds any day when Arsenal are playing. Cluj vs Bayern. 1.97 @ Pinnacle Surprised to get this kind of odds for overs in this one. Bayern are all over the place defensively and Cluj is not good at defending either. Can't imagine these two failing to produce 3 goals in 90 minutes. Surely it has to be overs in Romania tonight! Chelsea -1.5 AH vs Spartak. 1.87 @ Centrebet Saw the first match between these two on the artificial pitch in Moscow. Spartak were poor and basically scared of playing big team like Chelsea who won 2-0 with little effort. It won't be any easier for the Russian side tonight in London. Drogba will play his first European match this season and Spartak won't like that for sure. The loss of Malouda is significant, but won't be decisive. Chelsea should be able to win this one comfortably.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November AC Milan V R.Madrid R.Madrid @ 2.30 betfred , both team to score @ 1.66 bet365 ,Ronaldo FGS @ 4.75 bet365 & Ibrahimovich anytime scorer @ 2.40 bet365 One of the "don't miss" game tonight for most of us with a R.Madrid on fire at the moment with Ozil,Ronaldo,Huguain,Di Maria all starting tonight.Although Real got some poor records at San Siro,Can't see Ac Milan stopping MOURINHO'S REAL tonight. Fancy Ibrahimovich anytime here as expecting him to thrive for scoring one over his former manager. Ronaldo got some nice FGS records recently and considers him a good value here.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Auxerre V Ajax Ajax @ 2.80 188bet A must win for Ajax here to revive qualification hope.With Suarez and Hamadaoui upfront facing a poor CL Auxerre which seems prioritising the league,going for a straight Ajax FT win tonight.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November ZIlina V Marseille Marseille @ 1.72 canbet With Chelsea facing Spartak at stamford bridge,the french side ,in recent good form,can't miss the opportunity to come over Zillina tonight with all the 3 points to revive chance of qualifying.Fancy Deschamp's men here over Zillina weak scoring form @ the moment.

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Like the look of Ajax tonight, in a must win game, to give them a shot at qualification going into the final game in Milan. A defeat , in reality, signify's the end and a draw not much better. They only play one way, and thats on the attack, and with the more potent strike-force, they'll score at least one tonight. Thats what makes the Over 2.5 @ 11/10 so tempting, they won't sit back even if taking the lead...but can Auxere score? Because of the Ajax ethos, i'll be backing them to win by two goals @ 8/1 with Lads. Ajax hit the onion bag in every domestic match totalling 33 goals, and to back up the european scoring pedigree, they've scored in 15 of last their 17 aways in Europe. Only Real and Juve blanking them. For those who like the proven scorers...Hamdaoui (11/5 anytime) is on fire at the moment with 11 from 12 games, whilst Suarez (13/5 a/time) has'nt netted in the league for 7 games. Chances will fall for these two. De Jong is an attractive dark horse @ 9/2 anytime. Was prolific for a midfielder last season, and has 3 to his name this term. Outside the box, on the goal-line and in the air..all his forte. I'm going with Vertonghan @ 13/1 anytime. A big unit, who causes havoc when coming up for corner and FK's. One of those players who makes it his mission to get his nut on the end of a cross. Has 3 to his credit domestically and will be a nuisance tonight, at an outstanding price.

Chelsea -1.5 AH vs Spartak. 1.87 @ Centrebet Saw the first match between these two on the artificial pitch in Moscow. Spartak were poor and basically scared of playing big team like Chelsea who won 2-0 with little effort.
Spartak had some good spells in that game for sure. I even think they could have done better, but their Manager did not react well after they conceded. For some reason all pressure from Spartak was moved to the left, where a guy with a name Kombarov ( I think ) wasted so many good balls that I don't think he deserves top league football. Both Ari and Welliton were moved deep into the area - a major mistake as they were more an obstacle to each other - something which Harry R executed perfectly last night in the FH - Crouch deep in and Van der Vaart moving freely behind him. Spartak have a very good team IMO, yet poor Manager for this level. Agree with your choice! Good luck...

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November The bet that stands out for me tonight, is Auxerre v Ajax over 1.5 goals at 1.37 on the exchanges. Auxerre's home league matches this season. have totalled 15 goals 8F7A. While Ajax's 6 away games have totalled 25 goals 17F8A. I expect Ajax to give this a real good go tonight, a very dangerous attack force,a defence always likely to concede and opposition that can pop up with a goal or 2. I think this bet is nailed on! Could also consider 2/2.5 on the goal line for a smaller stake. A decent bet then on 1.37, at what i consider fair odds,

Lets see if we can change our luck from last night's dismal performance CFR Cluj - Bayern Munich over 2.5 @ 1.91 pinnacle Cluj showed that they were not overawed in the first game with Bayern as they were gallant in the 3-2 loss, and should not be underestimated here. They had beaten Basel 2-1 at home and lost 2-1 at Roma, so they have been thereabouts in their games, and now at home, should be much stronger opposition for Bayern. Bayern had beaten Roma 2-0 at home and won 2-1 away to Basel, so while they have goals in them, their defence does conceded as Cluj did score twice in Munich. Cluj need a win here to give themselves a chance to progress while a win for Bayern secures their progress into the next phase, so if the first game is any indication, then goals are likely again Partizan Belgrade - Braga over 2.5 @ 2.23 pinnacle Partizan will look to get their first points in this group phase and expect a more offensive display, especially as their home crowd will be encouraging them to do so. Braga played well in beating Partizan 2-0 at home, as their strikers played quite well and like them to cause these defenders problems once again. Expect Partizan to attack from the start, which will also enable Braga to hit them on the counter. Can see an open game with goals in it, as Braga did lose 6-0 at Arsenal and did beat Sevilla 4-3 in their two previous away games in the CL. Shaktar Donetsk - Arsenal over 2.5 @ 1.98 pinnacle Both teams like to attack, and doubt much will change here. Arsenal are much better at home than away, while Shaktar should be much better in this game on their own ground, so doubt that the 5-1 win by Arsenal will be repeated here. Even though Fabregas it out, they still have quality attacking players in their side, as they have scored 14 goals in their 3 group games so far. Shaktar will keep coming at Arsenal and can see them scoring here, as Arsenal have their share of injuries so the game should be much closer than the first game. Expect goals though, as both sides like to attack, and neither defence can be considerd that good that they are unlikely to concede
I like these 3 options and will have a small risk here and will take these 3 in a Treble @ 7.12 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA > Champions League > Wednesday 3rd November Bet of the day for me is as follows: 20pts Under 3.5 Cards in Chelsea @ 1.72 bwin All of Chelsea's home games have gone under 3.5 cards this season. And this trend has held true for everyone of their champions league games thus far. This is also the case for their opposition in their champions league games thus far. Hence I see no reason why this should not be the case again. And will be backing my maximum bet this season. GL all :hope