** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby Union 1st-3rd October

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October Selected Handicaps. Toulon v Castres Friday 1st October 2010, 19:45

Toulon (-10.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-10.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Castres (+10.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Sale Sharks v Wasps Friday 1st October 2010, 19:45
Sale Sharks (Scr) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (Scr) :void(0)'>19/1
Wasps (Scr) :void(0)'>10/11
Bath v Gloucester tv_skysports3.gif Friday 1st October 2010, 20:05
Bath (-11.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-11.0) :void(0)'>25/1
Gloucester (+11.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Benetton Treviso v Dragons Friday 1st October 2010, 18:05
Benetton Treviso (-6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-6.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Dragons (+6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Ulster v Glasgow Warriors tv_bbc.gif Friday 1st October 2010, 19:05
Ulster (-10.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-10.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Glasgow Warriors (+10.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Leinster v Munster tv_tg4.gif Saturday 2nd October 2010, 19:30
Handicap Betting
Leinster (Scr) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (Scr) :void(0)'>18/1
Munster (Scr) :void(0)'>10/11

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October Sale v Wasps I cannot believe Wasps are favorites for this game when you look at what they have achieved so far this season! There is also an early season form line with Newcastle, although Wasps were away and Sale at home, Sale 35-18 Newcastle Newcastle 29-17 Wasps There are also some very helpful stats regarding both sides, currently Wasps are the 2nd best at losing lineouts, joint 3rd in most turnovers and 1st at most rucks lost. Where as Sale are top at most rucks won! Just these figures alone would draw me more towards Sale, but tomorrow they also welcome back their talisman in Charlie Hodgson! Sale are an unfashionable side but at home very few sides get the better of them, Quins nearly did and I believe they are a better side than Wasps and they had a h'cap of -3 and were 5/4 for the win! Weather may play a part tomorrow, as it looks like there is a lot of rain on its way and this should increase the home field advantage even more. Mr Hodgson may well play a crucial kicking role and if he has to come off then he has a very able substitute in Macleod! Sale win for me!

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October Bath V Gloucester -11 against Bath is not enough! Last season this fixture ended 24-8 to Bath and something similar should happen tomorrow. Gloucester were probably a better side at that point last season than they currently are and they will also be missing Tim Taylor who scored most of their points in their victory over Wasps last week. Gloucester are a poor side currently and only average 1.5 tries per game, away from home and this is simply not enough against a classy Bath outfit! Bath all the way!

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October Toulon v Castres I said that I would leave Toulon alone! Ah well here goes, -10 should be achievable for a much improving Toulon side, Castres away from home against the bigger clubs have seemingly struggled. Although they did nearly beat Stade Francais in Paris, only losing by 6, but more recently they have lost 24-6 against Clermont & 23-12 in Montpellier. This should be a good test for Toulon but surely they must cover the handicap to rubber stamp their title credentials!

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October Harlequins v Newcastle tv_espn.gif Saturday 2nd October 2010, 15:00

Handicap Betting
Harlequins (-14.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-14.0) :void(0)'>25/1
Newcastle (+14.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Northampton v Exeter Chiefs Saturday 2nd October 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
Northampton (-22.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-22.0) :void(0)'>25/1
Exeter Chiefs (+22.0) :void(0)'>10/11
London Irish v Leeds Saturday 2nd October 2010, 15:00
Handicap Betting
London Irish (-21.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-21.0) :void(0)'>33/1
Leeds (+21.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Saracens v Leicester tv_espn.gif Sunday 3rd October 2010, 16:30
Handicap Betting
Saracens (-6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Handicap Draw (-6.0) :void(0)'>20/1
Leicester (+6.0) :void(0)'>10/11
Hi Milan, believe me when I say "I feel your pain!". What a c**p start to the weekend, I'm beginning to believe that some Rugby teams are like my least favorite jockeys and should be avoided at all costs! Quins v Newcastle Alan Tait has made a lot of changes to try and inspire his Newcastle side. I doubt if this will help as Newcastle probably wont get much of the ball to play with! Quins game is all about pace and keeping the ball, when you see what Irish did to Newcastle last week with both of these, I can only expect the same result. This game ended 23-14, last season so you might argue that -14 is a bit of an ask for Quins, but I believe Quins are currently a better than at this stage last season and Newcastle are not! Quins -14 L.Irish v Leeds Leeds are another side who have made lots of changes to try and kick start their season, but what a side to try and do this against! -21 doesn't give Irish room for too many mistakes, judging by their performance last week they should do it, but I am going to give this one a miss! Northampton v Exeter I watched Exeter get blitzed by Quins last week and you could argue that they were slighty unlucky to get done this way. But they got penalised in vital areas and were naive in others, the same today and it will be the same as last week. Northampton have named a strong side (as always), if you can find -21 or less for Northampton then you have a bet. Saracens v Leicester -6 for Sarries is more than achievable against a Leicester side who are leaking tries and who are lacking experience at Fly Half. Leicester have also been forced to rest alot of their internationals, where as Sarries bring back Schalk Brits, Hugh Vyvyan and Petrus du Plessis to the pack, while wing Michael Tagicakibau and scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth also feature. Sarries for me!

Re: Rugby Union 1st-3rd October French League

-4 Bourgoin 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+4 Brive 10/11
-20 Perpignan 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+20 La Rochelle 10/11
-26 Clermont 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+26 Agen 10/11
-7 Stade Francais 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+7 Montpellier 10/11
-7 Toulouse 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+7 Racing Metro 10/11
-4 Bayonne 10/11Handicap Draw 16/1+4 Biarritz 10/11
Bourgoin v Brive A 14-14 draw last season and Brive are the side with more confidence after their draw with Toulouse last week, after being on top a large parts of the match. +4 Brive is good enough for me! Perpignan v La Rochelle La Rochelle have been improving away from home, at their last away game against Montpellier they only lost by 20 points to the Top 14 leaders. Perpignan are an improving side, however they do not tend to win by much and they must go for the bonus point win today! Can La Rochelle score? This is the big question, if they can they may well frustrate Perpignan but if they don't then 5 points for Perpignan. No Bet for me. Clermont v Agen Agen have got beaten soundly on their travels this season, the closest result was losing by 7 against Bourgoin, other wise it has been +20 everytime! -26 should be achievable by a side like Clermont but I wouldn't take the gamble on this sort of margin. Stade Francais v Montpellier Cannot trust Stade Francais at the moment, reality is they must win by 7 to prove their ambitions, but at the moment their defence is very average! No Bet Toulouse v Racing Metro The visitors will be without playmaker Juan-Martin Hernandez but are hopeful Chabal will be fit to play after missing the last two matches due to a fractured rib. 28-23, last season so -7 against Toulouse could be achievable for the visitors. However on their travels, when Racing Metro have played the stronger teams they have not faired so well, especially against Montpellier losing 36-19 and without Hernandez! I'll take Toulouse at -7 Bayonne v Biarritz DING DING Round 1! What a fight, sorry Rugby match, nothing like a fierce local derby to finish the weekend. Last year Bayonne won 15-0, which if I remember rightly it was the first time they had won this encounter for a while. Too close to call this one, just sit back and watch!