Early Views on the Arc.

Any views on the Arc ? its a race i love and a race i like to have a pretty large bet on. I backed workforce in the Derby and again in the King George ''fingers burt'' i just keep thinking the horse we saw at Ascot was not the horse we all saw at Epsom, Mr Stoute has never really said what went wrong that day, but no matter how you look at it i still cant get away from the fact he broke the Derby record, its always bad to have your fingers burnt ''twice'' but i just think if the Derby horse turns up he could romp away with the Arc, i dont like all the ''will he wont he run'' but is that just for the media and workforce camp playing him down when really they have the winner, whats your thoughts please.

Re: Early Views on the Arc. Think the reason for Workforce running poorly in the King George is a virus. At the time SMS was in poor form. One or two running well but his strike rate in July was nowhere near his usual standard. I know Harbinger won the race in question, but older horses are often imune after getting a virus in their younger days. Although going right-handed might also be a reason. Hung left which made the bit slip through his mouth at York. Did win at Goodwood, but that was just a maiden. Soft ground is a big worry. Firm ground at Epsom where he broke the record time. Not raced on a soft surface and from what I remember doesn't have an action likely to be suited by it.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.