BBOTD - Friday 17h Sept

bowles10

4.30 Ayr (Bronze cup) I am not going to miss having a bit on Sunrise Safari from Richard Faheys yard in this 6f race. Running off 82 last time out, i thought the horse ran a fine race and goes off same mark here. Only neg is the jockey D Tudhope whom rode the PL horse many times last year and i didnt rate him much. Goldie doesnt seem to use him now much and he has picked up this ride. Drawn should not be a problem as last years race was dominated by those drawn 7 or lower. EW 40/1 Stan James BOG __________________

Re: BBOTD - Friday 17h Sept 16:30 Ayr - The Bronze Cup I think its really hard to judge where the draw advantage will be in this race but based on last years result, the low draws were favourable. The first 8 home last year were drawn 12 or lower from a total of 24 runners and with stalls 1,2 and 3 all finishing in the first four and the 5th and 4th drawn horses coming in 5th and 6th place so the first 5 drawn were in the first 6 positions. There are so many horses in with chances today and this really is a cracking contest but I am going to side with one of the low drawn horses Jeannie Galloway who will be breaking out of stall number 4. This horse has really thrived since joining the Fahey yard. Did show a bit of promise for her previous trainer in a couple of maiden races with a couple of placed efforts but won over this course and distance in August 2009 on her debut for this yard in a 19 runner maiden. Followed that up with a success in her handicap debut off a mark of 73 at York before being put away for the winter. Made her reappearance at Doncaster over 7 furlongs, this was her first try at the trip and it seemed she needed the run that day as she weakened away around 2 furlongs out. A win at Musselburgh in her next race off a mark of 78 proved that she stayed 7 furlongs. Was then turned out back over 6 furlongs at this course in her next race where she finished a creditable 2nd off a mark of 82. Responded well to pressure by keeping on inside the final furlong but the race was already tied up by then. A rare and disappointing run in Ireland was next before coming back to the UK and winning at Musselburgh once again over 7 furlongs LTO off a mark of 83. Only had 10 runs to date and I believe she is still on the upgrade so can easily defy this mark of 88, whether it be in this big race today or another day. Raised 5lbs for her win at Musselburgh but Lee Topliss takes off 5lbs once which will help ease the weights a bit although she will still technically be 5lb higher than her Musselburgh win since he was on board that day. There are many others in with strong chances today so I'm not going to go through them all but I will be having a small saver on Eton Rifles who is also lightly raced and I believe he is better than the form he has shown so far this season. The horse had a great 2009 by winning twice and placing four times from six races and went up 15lbs in the handicap due to this. Is back down to a mark of 87 which is 5lbs lower than his reappearance this season at Ripon which came over todays trip and was arguably his best run of the season, finished 4/13 off a mark of 92. A return to that sort of form today may seem him sneak into the places or possibly a nice return to the winners enclosure as he will be a lot fitter for this. 0.5pts E/W Jeannie Galloway @ 16/1 (Bet365 - BOG - 5 places 1/4 odds) 0.2pts E/W Eton Rifles @ 40/1 (Bet365 - BOG - 5 places 1/4 odds)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.