Friday Jumps

5:05 Kilbeggan Clu Agus Cail 1pt EW - 14/1 (Bet365 bog) Think this lightly raced sort is too big here. Has never been massively far away from the leaders over hurdles to date, and has put in some very good efforts behind much better hurdlers than she'll face today. Some of the opposition today look to be at the ceiling of their ability over hurdles whereas this is progressing. Heskin takes off a very useful 5lbs and gives my selection a feather weight to carry here. Should be in the mix. 6:35 Kilbeggan Carutomark 2pts EW - 10/1 (VC) This price looks very good. This horse is only a 6yo and has had three chase starts to date, winning one, finishing second and being brought down in another. The second place finish was to King High, a horse that is now rated 122 over fences and has won off a mark of 117. Carutomark himself was 4l clear of the rest that day. His winning chase start was over this trip at Wexford so the distance isn't a problem. The runner up in that race has been consistent since, now rated 122 over fences. The top three that day pulled a distance clear of the remainder. Geraghty is a very good booking and this horse looks to be on a very lenient chasing mark given what those around him have done. 7:05 Kilbeggan Hot Oscar 2pt win - 3/1 (VC) The fav obviously holds strong claims but I think Hot Oscar is a tiny bit overpriced at 3/1 here. Has had three chase starts so far, placing in two and finishing well beaten in another. I've no idea why he ran so badly but he clearly but that behind him by finishing third to Lady Hillingdon nto and she is rated 134 over fences. Is again only a 6yo so open to improvement in this sphere. This looks a very weak beginners chase and the favourite has questions to answer for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.