Home/Away - Draw

MrMick

Ok, this is an up-dated version of my football Yankee thread that was just basically this one in its early stages. This will continue for the whole season starting this weekend and a full profit/loss will be updated alongside.

It’s a new idea (well new to me) and is based on the half time/full time market. I know it probably won’t take long for somebody to find the exact statistic that might prove this system won’t be profitable but until then I’ll plod-on.

WARNING* This system is not tried nor tested but just something that will give me a weekly interest in the football and hopefully provide some winnings along the way. I will be doing it with real money and it will cost £17.60 for the main part, plus an additional £8.00 for the singles – total = £25.60 per week. For now, ALL bets will probably be placed with Victor Chandler unless stated.

So what is it?

Ok, as my football Yankee thread suggested I will be trying to find 4 matches that I think might end in a draw. For now, this method of finding them is purely based upon gut feeling, but I’m working on something to help me to refine a method of selecting the matches (more will follow when that method is finalised).

When the 4 matches are found, the hope – obviously - is for them to end in a draw. On the half time/full time market there is three possible ways this can happen: Home – Draw Draw – Draw Away – Draw At Victor Chandler’s the Draw-Draw is usually around 9-2 while the Home-Draw and Away-Draw are both 16-1. This price looks worthy of further interest to me.

I know lots of you will say that many draws result in a draw-draw which is cool, but at 16-1 for a Home-Draw and Away-Draw, not too many are needed to try to make some profit.

From Week 1 of my football Yankee thread 1 of the 4 matches ended in a Home-Draw. (Two finished 0-0.) Had I covered all 4 matches and done all combinations of Home-Draw and Away-Draw then £8.00 would have been laid out. As one match resulted in a winner £17.00 would have been returned thus showing a profit of £9.00

These singles make up the £8.00 mentioned earlier for the singles. Now for the £17.60 part: All 4 matches will be covered in full-combination Yankees to 10p in the hope two, three or perhaps even all four pay off. To cover all selections in different Yankees takes 16 x 10p Yankees thus totalling £17.60

For 0 winners: Loss of £25.60

For 1 winner: 1 x £1 single at 16-1 = £17.00 Loss of £8.60

For 2 winners: 4 x 10p doubles: 4 x £28.90 = £115.60 2 x £1 singles = £34.00 Total = £149.60 Profit = £124.00

For 3 winners: 12 x 10p doubles: 12 x £28.90 = £346.80 2 x 10p trebles: 2 x £491.30 = £982.60 3 x £1 singles = £51.00 Total = £1380.40 Profit = £1354.80

For 4 winners: 24 x 10p doubles: 24 x £28.90 = £693.60 8 x 10p trebles: 8 x £491.30 = £3930.40 1 x 4-fold = £8352.10 4 x £1 singles = £68.00 Total = £13044.10 Profit = £13018.50

A separate profit/loss will be kept just for the singles too, just to see if the Yankee part ends up pathetic but the singles make a profit.

It will start this week and here are the 4 matches:

Shrewsbury v Rotherham Southend v Torquay Walsall v ColchesterBradford v Port Vale :drums

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.