BBOTD - 28th of August

3:30 Beverley - Mister Hughie - 1pt @ 8/1 (PaddyPower - BOG) An old favourite of mine! I always back him, he's only a three year old but has already raced 18 times winning 4. Ran a career best in the Group 2 King George Stakes at Goodwood when coming 4th behind Borderlescott, didn't get a clean run and was about 8 lengths off the pace 1f out but flew home as he always does when he gets going. He ended up around 3/4 of a length behind but he gave away around 4 lengths trying to find a gap in the large field and that cost him the race in my opinion. He ran in the Nunthorpe last time out but that was a level too much for him, he never traveled throughout and now is dropped back to Listed level and should have a very solid chance at a course that he has run well at before. He'll love this ground and has won off 95 on this ground in a 19 runner handicap at Newmarket. There are many front runners here and that is ideal for him, if he gets a good gallop he'll definitely be finishing best of them all and should be able to reel them in IF he gets the gaps, it's a big if in a relatively large field but he has a plum draw and should be able to get a nice position in behind for a late run. The ground he's able to make up in the final furlong in phenomenal and it's a pity he doesn't have the speed to go with the field over the first few furlongs or he'd be a lot more competitive at Group level. Sam Hitchcott takes the ride and he has been on board him 3 times before with form reading 3-2-1. He knows how to get the best out of this fellow and if he finds the gaps at the right time I don't think he'll be out of the top 3 at least. There is a danger that he mightn't travel during the race at all as he's a quirky sort but his run behind Borderlescott suggests that a win isn't far away for him and I'll be backing him until he wins again. Certainly has the speed and ability to win this and has everything going for him. Plum draw, likely speed to suit, good ground is a plus and a jockey who knows how to ride him. Medium each way bet for me at odds that are very generous in my opinion. Channon has a good 14% record around here and his horses have been running OK of late, I think this one has a very solid chance and gets weight from a lot of the other runners. Should go well.

Re: BBOTD - 28th of August 4:30 Cheveton - Dropping into a class 4 race for the first time in 2 years where the last time it won at Newbury.Has won off a bigger mark than today and has Robert Winstion in the saddle who has won on the horse before.I also like the look of Sir Geoffrey and am going to do a reverse forecast. 1 pt Win bet @ sp

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.