Ffos Las Friday 27th

4:50 Ffos Las West With The Wind 1pt EW - 8/1 (PaddyPower) Young improver over fences and I feel he's being underrated in the market. There are worries over his soft ground credentials but was second in a two mile novices chase at Ludlow, going down by just under a length whilst also pulling 28 lengths clear of the rest of the field. Also finished second on soft ground on the flat. His sire, Fasliyev, was a high-class 2yo winning two group 1's on soft ground also. Is yet to be unplaced in six starts over fences, winning three of them, including two at this track, with the last win being franked by the runner-up in a novices' chase recently. Has got to carry top weight here but there's room for plenty of improvement and he hasn't set a foot wrong over fences as of yet. Paul Maloney is in the saddle again and has been for every chase start on this horse, and he himself is showing a decent chasing profit this year. 5:20 Ffos Las Ripalong Lad 1pt win - 7/1 (PaddyPower) Think this horse is decent value here. Likely needed the run first time out, weakening quickly and finishing well beaten. Since then he's been consistent finishing up-close twice and winning lto under today's jockey Tom O'Brien. Hasn't yet run on completely soft ground but with his dam being a half-sister to Sweep Gently, who loved the mud, there's reason to believe he'll go well. Is very lightly raced for a 9yo and could still have more to offer over hurdles. Trainer is also showing a nice profit at this course.

Re: Ffos Las Friday 27th 4.50 Ffos Las Knight Legend 0.5pt win - 15/2 Killenaule Boy 0.5pt win - 18/1 I would have been very keen if the rain had come, but it seems unlikely and the jumps track is good g/s in places. Knight Legend has slipped to a winnable mark and ran really well lto when 2nd behind Stagecoach Pearl. Rain would have helped him, because few of the youngsters have the quicker legs, but I still think he can go close. Killenaule Boy has had some wins in Ireland and lto can be forgiven. Change of trip and tongue tie always worth considering when Pipe is involved. Those are the two in the field, who I think will outrun their prices.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.