Ffos Las - Thurs 26th

3.20 Ffos Las I like to study races myself and form my own solid opinion before looking at views of others or viewing the odds of the runners and, after making a shortlist of 2, i was surprised to see one of my preferred runners here priced as low as she is. I think Desert Poppy has good claims as to why she may win this but in my opinion she shouldn't be below the 5/2 mark. She was 2nd on my shortlist anyways, behind Barry Hills' Sunraider. This colt has run in some good races that have certainly not lacked quality runners. In the Sky Bet Dash he ran well when coming in just behind the main group whilst the run before that he travelled very well when winning comfortably. He disappointed last time slightly but that was over 7 furongs and it didn't seem to suit him at all so todays return to 6 furlongs is welcomed. He is 5lb higher than his last win but i dont think that is a major problem as he won that race easily and when carrying 2lbs more than today in the York contest he beat some good sorts comfortably. The softer ground will not be a problem and there is no doubt in my mind that this is his best trip. Add to that the fact that Hills rarely sends runners here and the list of positives for this colt continues to grow. Really like the chances of Sunraider here so a decent sized stake for me. 3pts Win Sunraider at 7/2 with Paddy Power

Re: Ffos Las - Thurs 26th 3:20 Ffos Las Duplicity 1pt win - 12/1 (PaddyPower) Think he's overpriced here. Duplicity has not had any cut in the ground for some time, and his best 2yo form (beating Hearts of Fire in a listed race over this trip) was shown on soft. Hasn't run well this year, but like I said is yet to have any cut in the ground and this could be key. Down to a nice hanciap mark too if any of that 2yo form is still left in him.