** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Round 25

-6.5 Wests Tigers v Storm +6.5 Wests Tigers win

Last home game of the regular season and the record for the Wests at the Leichhardt Oval suggest they should edge the storm for this one as will their frame of mind as they still play for a finals home game. I expect them to edge the Storm outright however cant make up my mind about the -6.5 handicap.

Storm recent wins has been to poor opposition and motivation for away games has not been at its highest this season, I might even go for the -6.5 handicap.

+4.5 Knights v Dragons-4.5 close call

cant call the outright for this one, the motivation factor behind the knights win against the broncos last week suggests an upset is possible, especially knowing they need to win by a huge number of points to keep their finals dream alive. The knights problem is playing away from home so heart says knights as the dragons havnt scored too many away from home recently so I will happily take the +4.5 handicap

+8.5 Sharks v Titans-8.5 titans win

In any other league the outright win would go to the titans but with NRL even in form teams you never know when the next slip up will come. The titans have had a really good purple patch with some good away wins against decent teams but can they psyche themselves for a match against inferior opposition. The motivation remains a chance to pip the dragons to the regular season title but is that enough? I would still give them the outright win as the Sharks are dreadful but don’t be surprised if an upset happens. If they win they are good enough to clear the -8.5 handicap.

-6.5 Warriors v Broncos+6.5 warriors win

The good thing about the warriors is they have lost most of their games to good opposition however they haven’t made home advantage count as it should, they dont score heavily so if you back them outright you may as well back them to cover the -6.5 handicap. The Broncos don’t fall in the decent opposition stakes but they have a great record in the final round of this competition and a decent defence.

I worry about how the warriors handle pressure but judging by the performances of most home teams last week I will have to go with the warriors. In such circumstances I prefer to back the better team.

-4.5 Roosters v Sea Eagles+4.5 close call

This is a desperation game and it can go either way Its hard to ignore Manlys record against the rooster, they have won 7 of the last 8 games and and come close to having double the games they have played against each other in total.

The only problem is the roosters need the points more so it could go either way.Im surprised the bookies have put the roosters as favorites for this one especially with their record against Manly at this stadium. Sea Eagles are your best bet but if you need an upset you could go with the roosters.I like the +4.5 for the sea eagles so I will back them for this game.

-18.5 Raiders v Cowboys+18.5 Raiders win

This is one of the more obvious games as the raiders have decent motivation and the cowboys have none. Both sides know how to attack the edges but they have defensive problems combating the same plays. It is going to be a combination of good execution of their strengths and better application to their weaknesses, which proves crucial.

Although the -18.5 handicap is among the highest to be set in an unpredictable season the raiders could clear it. Im uncertain about the handicap but the outright victory is guaranteed.

+6.5 Rabbitohs v Eels-6.5 Eels win

This is one of those weekend matches that have the smell of an upset, the eels are in better form and no team has any advantage at the stadium but the Rabbitohs have better motivation and if there is one thing this season has taught us, it s that a bad run ends at some point.

The Eels will use Hayne’s long boot to get within range so they can test the Bunnies out with some spiral bombs but because the Eels game is so dependent on the Hayne train Im going all over the +6.5 handicap for the Rabbitohs.

Eels may edge it but I would rather go for the underdog on handicap.

+6.5 Bulldogs v Panthers-6.5 panthers win

If wasn’t for the big farewell of ‘The General’, this clash with the Panthers would have been among the two easiest to pick from the round.The panthers habve been dreadful however the way they played last week suggests they have been stinged by the criticism in the last few weeks and are highly motivated.If they take the first half and destroy the atmosphere then the panthers will run away with it.If the dogs manage to hold them till the break then the crowd will build momentum and take this match to the wire.

This should be a panthers win and they should be able to cover the -6.5 handicap.

My confident picks are raiders titans and wests tigers

Love to know what you guys think of my picks

Re: NRL Round 25

Home Team Result Away Team Location
Friday , August 27
Warriors
$1.50 $2.50
Broncos logo-broncos.gif Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ 06:05pm
Rabbitohs
$2.50 $1.50
Eels logo-eels.gif ANZ Stadium, Sydney 07:35pm
Saturday , August 28
Sharks
$3.00 $1.36
Titans logo-titans.gif Toyota Stadium, Sydney 05:30pm
Raiders
$1.10 $6.50
Cowboys logo-cowboys.gif Canberra Stadium, Canberra 07:30pm
Knights
$2.15 $1.67
Dragons logo-dragons.gif EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle, NSW 07:30pm
Sunday , August 29
Tigers
$1.47 $2.60
Storm logo-storm.gif Leichhardt Oval, Sydney 02:00pm
Roosters
$1.53 $2.45
Sea Eagles logo-seaeagles.gif Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney 03:00pm
Monday , August 30
Bulldogs
$2.50 $1.50
Panthers logo-panthers.gif ANZ Stadium, Sydney 07:00p

Re: NRL Round 25 The penultimate round of the Telstra Premiership presents us with some huge matches that look set to have a massive bearing on the finals chances of many sides this week. Which teams will rise to the occasion and deliver a performance worthy of a top eight spot? NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS V BRISBANE BRONCOS A massive game for both sides, given a win for the Warriors would seal a finals birth, while a loss for the Broncos would almost end their season. The key to this match will surround the availability of Broncos stalwart Darren Lockyer. He has not been named by Coach Ivan Henjak, but one suspects he could be a late inclusion in the side. Brisbane are in desperate need of Lockyer’s vision and patience with the football, and if he plays, they are a genuine chance of knocking off a determined Warriors outfit who were gallant in their defeat to Manly last week. If Lockyer continues to be sidelined however, the Warriors could easily rack up a score here and put themselves within touching distance of securing a home final. Tip – Warriors SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS V PARRAMATTA EELS The finals chances of both these sides appear all but over, which suggests that pride will be the only thing on the line in a game that promises a lot of points. The Eels came agonisingly short of producing a miracle win against the Tigers last week, but a missed penalty goal by winger Luke Burt ultimately cost them dearly. The Rabbitohs on the other hand produced arguably their worst performance of the season against the Panthers last Friday night, conceding over 50 points to suggest the club already has its focus set on season 2011. South Sydney do welcome back Queensland Origin forward Dave Taylor from injury, but even his inclusion in the side will do little to mend the point scoring spree the Eels look set to dish out here. Tip – Eels CRONULLA SHARKS V GOLD COAST TITANS Although the Dragons appear to be the obvious premiership favourites, spare a thought for a Titans outfit which has now won five matches in a row and is gunning for a club record six straight victories. What makes the Gold Coast’s run so impressive surrounds the fact they have beaten finals aspirants, the Dragons, Warriors and Sydney Roosters all away from home. The Titans are the real deal this season, and a trip to Toyota Stadium to play the cellar dweller Sharks shouldn’t present too many obstacles for John Cartwright’s men. The Sharks will do everything to turn this match into a grind, but the Titans have shown enough this season to suggest they should win this game fairly comfortably. Tip – Titans CANBERRA RAIDERS V NTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS Brace yourself Cowboys fans because your season from hell could get a whole lot worse down at the nation’s capital. The Raiders stand alongside the Titans as the two form teams in the NRL at the moment, winning six of their past seven matches. The Green Machine was simply outstanding against the Dragons last week, beating the ladder leaders 32-16 and putting themselves right in the running for a top eight birth. The Cowboys have been gallant in their past two matches, but there will be serious concerns about their capacity to hold out a Raiders unit which posted six tries against the NRL’s best defensive team last Sunday. If Nth Queensland can somehow stay in touch come halftime, then they are a chance of causing one of the season’s big upsets. If Canberra starts well however, don’t be surprised if we see Dave Furner’s men crack the half century mark before fulltime. Tip – Raiders