Brighton - Wed 25th

4.30 Brighton Tricky race this one with a few looking like they are coming back to form and could produce a good run. With it looking quite an open contest i will only be getting involved with a small stake and that will go on Layla's Hero. The selection had a promising 2 year old campaign and beat some useful opponents on his way to recording 5 victories. He was rated a lot higher than todays mark of 94 when winning those races last term but this season is yet to come out on top. The ground shouldn't be a problem and the trip will prove equally comfortable whilst handling tracks like Epson and Goodwood in the past is another positive when coming to Brighton. Last time out he travelled well over a slightly longer trip but the gaps would not open up on the inside and lost any chance available when he had to be switched to the outside. David Simcock trains this gelding and has sent 3 horses to Brighton this season with all 3 winning their contests. He has an impressive 33% strike-rate at the course over the last 5 seasons too. Richard Hughes is a very positive jockey booking and with him generally being a hold-up horse the two should go together very well. Layla's Hero has raced in better company than this earlier this season at higher grades so a drop down to this level may prove to be the answer. If able to get into a rhythm and produce a relatively uninterupted late run, i think a win is far from out of the question. If there is a gap, Hughes is the man to find it. 1pt Win at SP

Re: Brighton - Wed 25th It's my birthday today, better bring me some God damn luck. :sad 3:30 Brighton - Honoured - 5pts I really think this one has a solid chance today, looks like a typical Prescott improver and came back after a 9 month absence to come second over this distance at Ayr in June. Ran very well for a long time then tired but found more near the finish and was just caught 50 yards out. Seb Sanders gets the leg up this time instead of Tom Eaves and that's a definite plus. He's in good form of late and had 4 winners out of his last 15 rides. He and Prescott when teaming up at Brighton with 3 year olds have a 50% strike rate. (15/30) Prescotts horses clearly like the track and this is the only one he sends out here tomorrow, he's in great form of late and 3 out of his last 5 horses have won. There is some hints in my selections breeding that he will like the soft ground here today and the way he stayed on when seemingly finding little 2f out suggests to me that he will have no problems with the finish at Brighton. He's open to a lot more improvement and looks far better than a 52 rated horse and should be winning this. Should be around 2/1 and that is perfect for me and I'll be having a maximum bet on this one. He looks by far the horse with the most potential in this race and barring disaster I think he'll win, but anything can happen.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.