BBOTD - Monday 23rd

16'00 Hamilton Miss Chamaumire - Michael Bell taking two up here and I like the looks of both but with Ming Meng being odds on I'll opt for the above. Has been given a handicap rating of 55 but has not yet coped with that and now down to 49. Best run was 3rd LTO out at Southwell where visor improved run therefore fitted again today. A fair distance for the Bell yard to travel and stats show he has reason with 1 win and 3 places out of 6 on track record. Spencer up with the yard with Hayley saying down south and hopefully he can drag a bit more out he too has a good record here with 2/3rds place record I have backed to win and therefore 1pt win 7/1 ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD - Monday 23rd 2:15 Kempton - Avalon Bay - 1pt @ 9/2 (VC - BOG) Related to many winning sprinters and took form to a new level when a good 2nd in a grade 4 race here. Dropped back to 5f now and I think that'll do the trick, he handles the surface well and has run here 3 times already. Last time out he came 2nd to Dozy Joe who dead heated in a maiden at 80/1 and followed up impressively last time out. My selection pulled quite hard throughout and didn't like the slowly run race, I think he'll get a good gallop here which should suit and I'll be surprised if he's not there or thereabouts today. He has pace to burn when he gets going and he'll come on for that run 3 weeks ago and stepping down to 5f on the back of hopefully a good gallop should play into his favour. Dane O'Neill takes the ride and he's a brilliant jockey in my opinion and usually rides this course well. He's trained by Pat Eddery who has been in decent enough form of late, hitting the crossbar a lot but his horses are running well. Avalon Bay is drawn soundly and handles the surface no problems, should be around 9/2 and that looks a decent price to me, medium sized bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.