Sure fire way of cash?

FOOTBALL: Ok so I don't know how many people bet with William Hill? But on there site they have a weekend blockbuster coupon where you make 7 Selections (10% extra return) or 14 Selections (25% extra returns). You pick 1 or 2 teams from 7 different boxes, each box has around 8 football matches in it. Now If you pick a 14 team Accaumulator, the returns from just 1 Pound can come to 80,000+, a lot more if you pick the underdog. This got me thinking how many combinations is there to guarantee one of them will come through. I have no idea, but let's say there's 50,000 combinations to guarantee you a win, average is atleast 60,000 Pounds and there, you make 10k from a weekend of work (sure it'd take an age to make the bets but 10k a week?) No bad. Inspired or stupid?

Re: Sure fire way of cash? You need to cover 3 things. So far 1 match it is 3 bets. For 2 matches you need the first match options with every option of 2nd match. So 3 bets for each option from first match. So 3*3 = 9. Extrapolate this for 14 matches and it's a big number. 3^14

Re: Sure fire way of cash? I won £252 from a £2 stake in the world cup covering 4 games. I reckon thats about as good as it gets. Every weekend I am trying to replicate this, I have even dropped down to 3 games (draws) and have had no luck yet. Picking 14 is nearly impossible and i've only used the word nearly as it is mathematically possible. In reality, it's impossible. A good way to do it is to pick 3 games at longish odds (3+) that are being played at different times. If you get the first 2 you then have the option of laying your third option - or you can ride it out and hope for the best. This nearly worked at the weekend but for Darren Bent's 95th minute penalty!!! I had put £2 on Wolves v Newcastle (draw) Sunderland v Man C (draw) and Villa v Everton (Draw). All 3 would ave returned £68 but I decided I would lay the draw on the Everton game which woul;d have seen me guarantee £15. Then Darren Bent scored...