** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Newmarket - Saturday 14th August

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August 2.45 Newmarket Handicaps for grey horses only weakened rapidly by several non runners, Lady Florence could be of interest at price simply because Dens Gift is a non runner and was the likely other front runner in the race she could get a soft lead now, all her turf form has been on super quick ground but has some form softer ground over hurdles to suggest she could perhaps cope with it and is in good heart at the moment up another 4lb for latest win at her belovered Brighton, this trip isnt ideal but in conditions it may just suit her. 0.5pt e/w lady florence 11/1 pp

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August 2:15 Newmarket: Veni Vedi Veci 1pt e/w 14/1 Bet365 Veni Vedi Veci won her maiden at Leicester in a pleasing manner and that form looks respectable. The second Mazamorra and the third Christmas Carnival have both won since. Veni Vedi Veci then stepped up to ten furlongs and a combination of the extra distance and losing her action saw her finish well down the field. She has been given some time to recover. Looking at the race record of her sire Antonius Pius and her half sister Scootch, Veni Vedi Veci should go on the soft and with Andrew Balding in good form and a fine record at the course with three year olds, a decent run is anticipated.

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August Bated Breath 3.20 Newmarket Has just managed to sneak in to this handicap on a rating of 105 but probably the last time it will run in such a race as it will no doubt be contesting listed and group races in the future. Looked brilliant when I saw it make its debut at Pontefract and has answered various questions asked of it since, again at Pontefract and then at Haydock, the last time out quickening away smartly and winning by 3 lengths. Well supported that day and certainly one to follow in the future but should also win today as it is effectively a group horse in a handicap off a fair mark. The only doubt would have to be the ground, which is now reported as soft. You can't possibly quicken the same on soft ground as on good to firm but the classy group horses often win on unfavourable ground (Sariska at York in May springs to mind). Also had small stakes on Capercaillie at a bigger price, always felt it had talent and ran a fine 3rd recently.

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August 2:45 Newmarket: Sunshine Always 1pt win 22/1 William Hill Sunshine Always has only run four times on turf. However, two of those runs last year make him worth a very speculative interest here. He was second to Brave Echo over this course off 81 last year. He was also second to Tiger Reigns on the soft at Newcastle. Both of those were over a mile, which tempers enthusiam, but he has been competetive over seven furlongs and with the cheek pieces on today and a mark 70, Sunshine Always might just be staying on up the hill at the finish.

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August Newmarket 3.20: Dafeef 1 pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Looks a decent price with Godolphin striking a bit of form. only effort on testing ground saw a comfortable win and feel the jolly can be opposed as ground may not be ideal. 8/1 looks a nice price IMO.

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August

Newmarket 3.20: Dafeef 1 pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Looks a decent price with Godolphin striking a bit of form. only effort on testing ground saw a comfortable win and feel the jolly can be opposed as ground may not be ideal. 8/1 looks a nice price IMO.
Nice winner there mate, watched the race tonight and Bated Breath did not have that same turn of foot on this ground but still ran a very respectable race and I'll still be following that (probably not in handicaps). :ok

Re: Newmarket - Saturday 14th August

I might by swimming against the wind here' date=' but the one novelty race I like is the greys race. I fancy Witchry in this one for Tony Newcombe. The soft ground will definitely suit him.[/quote'] I knew the result but watching the replay I keep thinking he got caught on the line:) Helped me to a scoop6 placepot though!