Beverley - Thursday 12th August

Re: Beverley - Thursday 12th August 3.15 Beverley - Best Known Secret - 28/1 Bet365 Last night when looking through this race i outlined this one as a potential massive priced horse that could run a big race. After over sleeping i've missed the 40's and 50's available and she's now been gambled into as low as 14/1 with VC. Although 28/1 isnt really value i'll go with the gamble and have a small bet. This is her handicap debut and although she's 4lb out of the handicap, Ian Brennan claims 5lb which puts her off a lowly mark of 44. She didnt show much on her first 2 starts but improved last time out, showed good early speed over 6f before weakening but finished a creditable 6th of 14. Most in that race havent ran since but a couple have placed in handicap company next time out. The small yard has had a couple of winners this year and with the money coming for her at big prices i'll take a punt.

Re: Beverley - Thursday 12th August RARE RUBY 3.50 Beverley. 1 point win. Drops a pound in weight after last time, but still remains in good enough form and should run to par this afternoon. The 2 mile trip suits and the ground's fine, so I expect Paul Hanagan to give her a great ride and goc close. Also she'd appear that little bit more consistent than most.