Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Took Murray in play at just above evens' date=' very well played by the Brit. Best I've seen him play in a long while. :clap[/quote'] Yeah, he got perfect game plan and played aggressive & attacking tennis. That's the only way to go against Nadal.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August ok so murray if hes any price better than 8/11 i think its free money, djokovic played like horrible and should have won but gifted the match to roger really roger didnt have a winner final game novak just hit ball in net lol

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Murray to beat Federer 2.04 at Betfair If you watched today matches you will have to take it. LOL
Will skip this match. Have no idea which Federer will show up in the final. He's well capable of getting a win or being outplayed. Have a weird feeling he'll win. Will have a play in Cincinnati final between Kimmy and Masha instead. Sharapova my favorite to win. Have to see what sort of odds will come up and will do the write-up later.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Just looking at the Sharapova vs Clijsters head to head record. Clijsters leads 4-3 but...... Last 3 all on hard court Sharapova has won them all convincingly. 2006SAN DIEGOHARDF M.Sharapova 7-5 7-5 2006TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPSHARDQ M.Sharapova 6-4 6-4 2007AUSTRALIAN OPENHARDS M.Sharapova 6-4 6-2 What does that mean ? Not alot really. Sharapova's record against the top 30 ranked players this year is 3-5 and the 3 wins were at stanford a couple of weeks ago and she got blown off the court by Azarenka. Look there is no doubt Sharapova has got her game going strong now after a few niggling injurys but im still not convinced. All in all im not going to be betting on this at a stretch i like clijsters but sharapova's won the last 6 sets against her therefore no bet. Just thought i would offer some stats and an opinion.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Like I said earlier, backing Sharapova to beat Clijsters today. 2.43 @ Pinnacle (5pts) This match will be all about desire and who wants it more. Having seen Clijsters play this week don't think she is 100% focused here. Sharapova is making only her first appearance in this tournament but has shown lots of desire and body language is very good. She has surprised a lot of people with her serving. It's nothing I've seen in ages. She's making good amount of first serves in and double faults are not that much. Besides Sharapova is playing very aggressive attacking style on opponents serve and will look to attack Kim's serve. Of course, she makes lots of rushed shots and unforced errors but Kim has been even worst, most notably against Pennetta when she was very disinterested in the match upon the moment she was a break down in both sets. Pennetta was weak and allowed her to come back. Sharapova will be stronger. Kim had a walkover against Ivanovic yesterday and will be well rested. But I don't think that is an advantage for her. Sometimes it's better to have more play, especially before the final and against player like Sharapova. I'm going for the Russian win here.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August If Federer plays like he did yesterday and Friday and Murray plays like he did in his previous 2 matches there's only 1 winners. Federer always starts off world class and fades away. Murray needs to serve like he did yesterday.