Best bet of the day 5th Aug

3.30 Brighton Aestival could still be capable of more but so could Vertueux who won well over hurdles off a mark of 100 and has since won twice on the flat up a further 6lb but won with plenty in hand and wasnt pushed hard to win and could just be capable of a little more under a useful apprentice and shorter trip. 1pt win vertueux 7/2 bet365

Re: Best bet of the day 5th Aug 3:30 Brighton - Ethics Girl - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Very interested in this one and I think she has an excellent chance of gaining her first win since this time last year, just 5lbs above that mark but she has been improving but rarely gets luck in running, partly due to some of the jockeys she has had on board. That shouldn't happen now that George Baker is up today. She has only had three runs since coming back after a 6 month break and has run respectably on all three occasions, it took her three runs before she won last season and also the likely quick ground at Brighton tomorrow will be ideal for her. Her GF form reads; 1-2-2 and with George Baker on board I feel she could be adding another '1' to that form if the ground stays the same. Her trainer, John Berry, has been firing in the winners of late and his yard is in obviously fine fettle after 4 winners from 15 sent out over the last month, this is the only horse he sends out today and it's to a track he rarely visits so I assume he feels the track will suit her style. George Baker doesn't often ride for this trainer, he has had 15 rides for him in the past 5 years and it's interesting that Baker is travelling to Brighton for only two rides at a course where he is also 4 wins from 15 rides this year. He has a 10% strike rate whenever he visits the course and rides it well. Ethics Girl only managed 5th last time out over 10 furlongs and was staying on well near the finish, she's upped to 12f now and that could be just what she needs along with the quick ground. Her form over 12f+ is 2-3-3 and one of those seconds was last year on quick ground over this distance at Epsom where she stayed on better than most but just couldn't reach the winner despite closing with every stride, Epsom is probably the most similar track to Brighton and I'm interested in that form. She's also down in grade here and looks on a grand mark and carrying only 2lbs more than she did in a higher grade last time out, she was also hampered at the start in that race and was under pressure after that. There are two front runners in this race who may end up setting up the race for her, Aestival will more than likely try and make the running and although he rattled up an 8 day hat-trick I feel he could be vulnerable to horses closing in on him during the run in up the steep hill, at this stage I reckon Ethics Girl's stamina will be kicking in and she could prove to have too much for the Prescott horse and hopefully take all the beating from there. This looks an ideal opportunity for the John Berry trained filly to get off the mark this season and she has everything going for her and is overpriced at 7/1. I'd have her closer to half that or possibly 4/1. She's worth a small each way bet at tasty odds which I don't think will be there come race time.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.