Best bet of the day 30th July

2.45 Goodwood A real competitive handicap to get stuck into several stand out but the one that I have been following since the winter AW runs is Tiddliwinks, he was given an awful ride by Spencer first time out on grass this season, but much more promise next time out with Holland on board just 1 1/4l behind hawkeye and looks as though he could be bang in form and Callan takes the ride and does well with Ryans runners and has won on him before. 0.5pt e/w tiddliwinks 12/1 sj

Re: Best bet of the day 30th July 6:50 Galway - Bob Le Beau - 1pt WIN I'm going for the only 3 year old in the field here, he gets a massive 12lbs for age allowance and also has a good 3lb claimer on board which will leaving him carrying 8st 1lb, effectively running off a mark of 75 despite being a 90 rated horse. Been in flying form of late, won his first two starts of 2010 quite impressively, digging deep to win late on in one race and showed lots of speed and ability, lots of drive and determination then too. Just got short headed last time out but this is the reason I'm so interested in him. He hit 1/5 in running and probably should of won but was just held by Notalossonya, who is a horse I selected the other day and he won comfortably in a decent handicap the other day. Bob Le Beau was giving him 18lbs that day and it probably took its toll but it was a good run against a horse who will only improve. Now it's my selections chance to run off bottom weight which will give him a fairly solid chance in my opinion, he is being stepped up a further 2f to 1m 4f now and that will suit him ideally, the ground will also be of no bother to him and his trainer was banging in the winners over the last month and seems to have her horses in great form. Drawn stall 13 of 18 which is a top place to be and with decent pace in the race he should get a run to suit. May find it hard to beat the Weld horse, Natural High, who will be a short price, but he's more than capable of improving enough to win this and has many things in his favour. He looks a solid each way bet a forecast odds of 12/1 (Although I expect it'll be 8's or less) and with a little improvement, luck and the extra 2 furlongs proving to be what he needs then I expect him to be bang in the shake up in the final furlong. Looks to have a good chance. Medium each way bet for me, top 4 places paid also which is a bonus!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.