Galway Festival (Day 2) - Tuesday 27th July

Galway

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
5:10 PM Topaz Maiden Hurdle 2m 23 (0)
5:45 PM Latin Quarter Chase 2m 6f 14 (0)
6:20 PM Topaz Handicap (55-80) 2m 23 (0)
7:00 PM Topaz Mile E.B.F. Handicap 1m 100yds 21 (0)
7:35 PM caulfieldindustrial.com E.B.F. Fillies Maiden 7f 17 (0)
8:05 PM Caulfield Industrial Athlone Handicap (55-80) 7f 19 (0)
8:35 PM caulfieldindustrial.com E.B.F. Maiden 7f 12 (0)

Re: Galway Festival (Day 2) - Tuesday 27th July Galway Bets: 5:10 - Cruise On Bach - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365) From the O'Grady yard who had a well backed horse yesterday in a similar event, he only came 5th but I feel this one is a better sort, had two decent runs over hurdles coming 6th out of 15 on debut at Sligo, then 3rd of 25 at Punchestown over this trip then won a 2m 4f flat race at Roscommon quite comfortably. Step back in trip isn't ideal but he looks better value than the Weld horse who is likely to be 6/4 fav and I can't be having him at those prices. This one should be fit for his run 3 weeks ago and if he can jump fluently he'll stand a good chance, showed lots of speed last time out and I believe if he can get the jumping right he should be in the place money. Good jockey on board too and the ground shouldn't be a bother at all. Likely to be around 14/1 and lots of improvement to come. 5:45 - Tasman - 1pt e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365) Won at this meeting back in '08 and came second in this race last year losing out to Natal who is in this race again and likely to be vying for favoritism but I feel the Liam McAteer horse can go one better this year and continue his fine Galway form which reads 2-2-1-2. He handles all sorts of ground and will have no bother with this tomorrow. Currently around 18/1 on Betfair and looks a fairly solid e/w bet. He's a prominent races and usually jumps well, he's 10 years old now but his course form speaks for itself. He is also very good when fresh and hasn't been seen in near 5 months so he should appreciate the break as his form went near the end of last season. He could get in the mix here at a nice price and is dangerous if he gets his own way up front. 6:20 - Reisk Superman - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (PaddyPower) Has won here before over Fences in 08', has only had 4 runs on the flat but they were at inadequate trips and this 2miles should suit better, ground no problem and a great jockey on board to help him along. 12 years old now but should be fit for his 3 recent runs after a break. Only carrying 9st and could have an e/w squeak at nice prices of around 25/1 or so. Can't find anything else that interests me in this race so I'll have a tiny e/w bet. 7:00 - Mujaazef - 2pts @ 15/2 (Bet365) From a top yard with a top jockey on board, impressive of late in handicaps and recently ran well over this trip at Leopardstown. Upped 3lbs but gets an 8lb allowance for being a 3 year old and should stand a fairly solid chance of winning this if running to ability. Still lots more to come and carrying only 8st 10lbs will put him bang in the mix. Drawn highest in the field which is the place to be, ground should suit as he seems to like all sorts of ground and he looks a worthy favourite to me. Decent sized bet at 15/2. 7:35 - Hasty Katie - 1pt @ 7/2 (Ladbrokes) Hard maiden to call, just backing this one due to Bolger and Manning being the partnership. Half sister to 3 winners and well bred. Headgear should bring out more improvement and step down to 7f again should suit. Should be around 3/1 and stands a decent chance, tough race to call though. 8:05 - Dafaroun - 1pt @ 12/1 (Bet365) Ran well on seasonal reappearance, has only been seen 4 times since 2008 but shaped well 10 days ago, has a good record here with 2 seconds from 4 starts and could go one better if finding old form. Bit of a shot in the dark but not a race I would like to try and solve for hours! Small win bet for me at likely odds of 10/1. 8:35 - Pinnk - 1pt @ 6/1 (Ladrokes) Only 4 lengths 4th behind Betrah on only start. Looks the best form of the race and she's likely to come on for that and has a decent jockey on board and is from a yard that does alright at this course. Some very exposed sorts in this race and I fancy this one could end up better than them and with ground and trip being no problem she could well have a good chance at odds of around 7/1. Small win bet for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.