Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July Not putting much of an opinion to these, I'll be backing them all though as I always have a small bet in each race at Galway for the fun! Prices will be edited in come tomorrow. Good luck everyone. 5:10 Galway - Force Of Habit - 1pt @ 9/2 (VC) From the Weld yard who does brilliantly here, showed enough on Hurdling debut for me to believe he has enough ability to win this, won last two flat starts and has Paul Townend on board. Should go well and will hopefully be around 5/1. 5:45 Galway - Kalellshan - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Betfred) From the Charles Byrnes yard and has Davey Russell on board, still lightly raced with only 15 career starts and open to more improvement. Looked progressive over fences last year and should come on for that run at Sligo for a new yard, should be around 10/1 and looks a decent e/w bet to me. 6:20 Galway - Poltava - .5pts e/w @ 25/1 (Bet365) Couldn't call this race, looks very open and the Weld horse is likely to be all the rage. Taking a chance here on the Stack horse to build upon his 2nd place finish last time out, Wayne Lorden on board and he's a well bred full brother to a US Group 3 winner. Might be in with a decent shout at roughly 14/1 if a couple don't run as expected. Tiny e/w bet. 7:00 Galway - Cyborg - 1pt e/w @ 15/2 (StanJames) Landed a couple of gambles for Charles Byrnes and looks to be quite a progressive horse, will stay no problems and ground will be no bothers. Katie Walsh on board for her only ride of the day and she's as capable a jockey as anyone. Good place claims at forecast odds around 7/1. 7:35 Galway - Footprint - 1pt e/w @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes) Back to last winning mark, tough race to call so I'm backing this one mainly due to Fran Berry being on board. Ground should be no problem and at odds hopefully around 8/1 it looks a decent e/w bet for small stakes. 8:05 Galway - Notalossonya - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365) Beat a couple of decent sorts last time out on handicap debut, looks to have the potential to do better and may be in with a shout here. Lorden on board and he gave a great ride last time out and a 3lb rise in the weights looks fair. Could be in with a decent shout at around 12/1+ 8:35 Galway - Nordic Hawk - 1pt e/w @ 20/1 (StanJames) Not even going to bother trying to solve this race, looks too tough to call so I'm going with Nina here. 10.0 on BF at the moment and 9/1 would be sound come morning. His half brother has done well for the yard and with a bit more progression here this one could hopefully hit place money.

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July Hey Lads love Galway week, it should be a cracker, hope yous all enjoy it lads. I usually get a few good tips from the track so i will put them forward if I do. I reckon the good thing and banker of the day will be Dermot Welds A World Apart in the 6.20 we all know Weld's record at Galway and he has won this race 4 times in the previous 8 years. This horse was last seen out at the Curragh were the going was firm and its a step up to 7f this time which i think will really suit. I take the 4/5 availible with Ladbrokes as this will definetly shorten. In the 7.00 I fancy the e/w chance of Mullins's Ballyhaunis his last two races have not done him justice but I fancy him to at least be in the first four and may well get his head in front coming to the line. 14/1 Ladbrokes Good luck to everybody on here today and I hope we can all get off to a good start to the festival

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July In the 7.00 I fancy the e/w chance of Mullins's Ballyhaunis his last two races have not done him justice but I fancy him to at least be in the first four and may well get his head in front coming to the line. 14/1 Ladbrokes Interesting, also my hometown :)

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July Galway 8-35 Charlie swan's gelding has only had the 2 runs so far and should be fitter for today's race, he was a beaten fav last time out but still ran a good race coming home 5th, Nina carberry was in the plate 1st time out and again came home 5th, she stay's loyal for today and she should be in with a chance of running a place for trainer Charile Swan. 8-35 Galway - Nordic Hawk - e/w bet

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July If Otterstown Lady is fully fit she will take some stopping in the 7-00 in my opinion... I think she was set out for this race and looking through some previous form , its quite impressive and i took the 20/1 available earlier. I think she will fill the places... :hope

Re: Galway Festival (Day 1) - Monday 26th July

8:05 Galway - Notalossonya - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365) Beat a couple of decent sorts last time out on handicap debut, looks to have the potential to do better and may be in with a shout here. Lorden on board and he gave a great ride last time out and a 3lb rise in the weights looks fair. Could be in with a decent shout at around 12/1+
I know nothing about Irish racing so thought I'd follow you on the last two at the meeting. Thanks a lot :ok