Saturday 20th Nov

Mabbs

New Entic 1.25 Huntingdon - Already a course and distance winner and did it very impressively that day albeit against much easier competition than he faces today but the second horse Young Patriarch has come out and won well since. Currently around 5/1 on the exchanges, seems to big to me probably down to the bigger stables having runners in the race. Non So 1.35 Huntingdon - I'm a big fan of this horse and I'm a bit disappointed non of the 10's that the Racing Post put him in at are on offer. I was surprised to see him get beat so easily by Bal De Nuit at the end of last season but he did make a bad mistake of one of the fences that day and it pretty much ended the race for him and it was also his first time in such a small field that may not have suited. Henderson is coming into some form with two winners and a second from his last four runners and Non So won first time out last season. Portant Fella 2.15 Naas - I'm not an expert on Irish Handicaps and this only caught my eye because my Grandad used to call me fella but when I looked at the form I gave the horse a better chance than it's 12/1 tissue price suggests. He was only 4l away in a 16k flat race last time out and before that won a very similar race to today, a 9k handicap hurdle off top weight. Today's Pilot takes off a useful 5lbs and I'm hopeful he'll go well. Farmer Jack 3.00 Huntingdon - You quite often get an overreaction when a horse puts in one bad run. If you can forgive him the fall last week at Cheltenham, a track I don't think plays to his strengths, Farmer Jack is a great bet at a decent price. He may have been slightly flattered at Aintree because I don't think the opposition was that strong for a 40k race but he was so impressive. I'm also a lot happier with Thornton in the saddle than Flynn.

Re: Saturday 20th Nov Sorry the text is a bit gay but when I tired to edit it and it just kept coming out with weird tags or with no spacing, this was the best I could do :\ If any mods want to edit it to make it more readable feel free.