Ayr 19th July

4.30 Straight course is good, good to firm in places at the moment but rain is expected so i'll monitor that during the day. Very competitive race with it being about 6/1 the field. Neither of the front 2 in the market, Captain Dunne or Favourite Girl, interest me as they would both have to win off higher marks and in Favourite Girls case much stronger company than recent wins have been. Cheveton's price is stupidly small imo. He's dropped to a low mark and IF the rain comes he'll have preferred conditions to go close but his recent form is dreadful even when running on 'good' for one run. Plus, although he obviously doesnt prefer the firmer ground he has ran with credit on it before so his runs even on the good to firm lately have been well below par. Quest For Success and Sonny Red are priced about right imo at the moment so i'll monitor those prices throughout the day. My first bet in this race is Look Busy whose best price is currently 9/1 William Hill, although i took 12/1 last night with bet365. She returns to handicap company here off a decent mark after running poorly in group 3 races. Her first run this year was a 5f handicap at Chester off 105, with a 5lb claimer on board. That day she missed the break and stayed on to finish 4 lengths behind Masamah. She's 8lb better off with that rival today, running off 98 today. She goes on any ground and 5f is her best trip. She has won a conditions race this year so is still in good heart and capable to run at this level. Masamah is of interest as i feel he may get an easy lead but i'll wait with that one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.