The Curragh - Sunday 18th July

3:40 The Curragh: Crystal Gal 1pt win 59/1 & 1pt place 10/1 Betfair With the going conditions possibly playing a part, there could be a surprise winner. Crystal Gal ran a very respectable seventh in the Irish 1000 Guineas on ground which was probably too firm and a distance that was too short. Her subsequent run was disappointing which means she lines up a big price here, however with softer ground and a mile and a half to travel she could at least make the frame. There is every reason to think she will be better over this sort of trip with her pedigree, which goes back to Urban Sea, who won the Arc on heavy, and whose offspring include Galileo and Sea The Stars.

Re: The Curragh - Sunday 18th July 3:40 Curragh - Eldalil - 2pts e/w @ 6/1 (Bet365) Flagged this one up at 16/1 when she finished a fast finishing 2nd behind Hibaayeb on only her 3rd career start, went from having two races at 7f to racing at 12f and it brought out alot of improvement in her, she has a better jockey today and with more positive tactics I feel she should be in the top 3 at least, plenty of scope for improvement and if she runs as well as she looks she'll be hard to beat. Lovely looking filly who is very well bred, has lots of speed and ability and lots of room to improve too. Really impressed me the last day and despite losing by 3.5 lengths I feel she could of done alot better with different tactics, she was closing rapidly near the finish and was pulling away from the rest. I feel that with a good pace pretty much assured in this race that it'll be ideal for her and she could be finishing the quickest of the lot come the end and if produced at the right time she will be there or thereabouts, Richard Hill gets the ride today and he's a big step up in comparison to O'Shea who was on board the last day. At 6/1 I feel she represents good e/w value and she will hopefully prove to be a better horse than she was last time out, that should see her go pretty close in my estimation and I expect her to be finishing strongly and in with a great chance when the rest are getting tired. It being her 2nd run over this distance should also bring out more improvement in comparison to her previous run and the ground should be sound for her too. Medium sized e/w bet for me and hopefully she proves better than her last run, which was mightily impressive.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.