Doncaster - 15th July

8.40 - Scamperdale - 10/1 Ladbrokes Still lightly raced on turf and i see no reason why he wont be as good on the grass as he is on the sand. A 14lb rise from his win 2 starts ago is a lot, but he's still only running off 80, he won off 83 on the a.w back in December. His win at Leicester 2 starts ago was far more comfortable than the winning distance suggests, he came there absolutely cruising and was shaken up to lead easily. Jack Mitchell never used his whip and he did idle in front letting the 2nd make up a lot of ground late. Queally on board today is a positive booking. He's proven over trip and ground and with Jeer, Wild Desert and Norwegian Dancer he should get a decent pace to suit his hold up tactics. At the prices on offer this looks the value to me with Norwegian Dancer and Magic Echo looks especially under price imo.

Re: Doncaster - 15th July Posted this last night, 5's generally now. I've a small fortune on it and so does my Grandad. :hope 8:40 Doncaster - Norwegian Dancer - 2pts e/w @ 7/1 (PaddyPowers) I think this one looks like a very solid each way bet, 1lb below last winning mark and has been running very consistently this seasoning having had three runs and coming 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Gibbons gets the leg up and he has been on board 4 times with the form reading 3-4-2-3. He's a jockey who I like when he's coming off the pace and that's what he'll have to do here, he knows exactly what to do with this horse and will hopefully be able to help the horse gain his first win since this week last year. The ground and trip are ideal and he ran well at the course before. He steps down in grade for this contest and has room for more improvement to take this race, he just needs luck in running and with a clear run I can't see him not being placed. Trainer in good form of late and especially when teaming up with Gibbons, who himself has been in flying form over the last month or so, he's ideal for the horse and knows exactly what to do. It looks a very winnable race for my selection, That'll Do Nicely is at the head of affairs in the market but he's taking a step up in class and despite being in great form of late it will take a huge run for it to win running off a career high mark and against a better type of horses than he usually runs against, he's a definite lay and possibly even a place lay even with Hanagan on board who's in great form. Jeer is also interesting at the weights but weakened rapidly last time out and even with Fallon on board I couldn't be having him. There are a couple of others with decent claims but I fancy my selection to go well and place at a minimum, looks overpriced at odds of 7/1 and I'd of thought he'd be closer to 4/1 if it wasn't priced up already. Medium sized each way bet for me and hopefully he justifies it.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.