Bath - 15th July

6.20 - Green Lagonda - 15/2 Sportingbet Not especially well handicapped this one but is capable off this mark in my opinion. Has had claimer on board recently but Jimmy Fortune booked for this ride which suggests to me the trainer thinks he's ready to strike. Trip and ground isnt a problem plus he's won here before. Has put in fair efforts this year, his best being a class 4 handicap at Windsor where he finished quickly only 1 1/2 lengths behind the winner in a decent race. This isnt as good and an effort anything like that should see him go close. A predicted strong pace should suit as he normally sits in just behind the pace, can be held up and not having the best of draws here that may be required. Main threat is Piazza San Pietro and if the drop to 5f suits he should go very close. 7.25 - Billy Red - 14/1 Ladbrokes Only the 6 runners in this now but ultra competitive where a case can be made for every one of them. At the prices i really like the look of this one, usually goes off very quickly and may get some of these hold up sorts worried as they turn the corner. Last 2 starts he's led till quite late on before being clobbered by those finishing quickly, 2lb lower than last run and 5lb lower than the run before that. Those were both in stronger races and he's won off higher on the a.w. Trip and ground isnt a problem and i predict he'll get an uncontested lead with Whiskey Junction and Not My Choice not running. I'm hoping he has a few of these hard at work early on and he can go in at a big price.