BBOTD - 9th of July

2:35 Newmarket - Crown Choice - .5pts e/w @ 11/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Impressed me last time out when scoring in a similar race to this at Sandown. He was held up and produced over a furlong out and probably hit the front a bit early, Ended up running all over the place but still managed to hold on and win. Showed plenty of speed and grit that day and could of been excused had he lost due to Durcan putting him to the front far too early, It impressed me to say the least. Just had another look at the race and he had to come from near last to win, Had to go well to the outside to get a clean run through and showed a lovely turn of foot that day, Very lightly raced for a 5 year old with only 12 career starts so I figure he's open to more improvement and hopefully enough to win this race. Only up 5lbs for that but due to running against higher rated horses he's 5lbs less than last time which obviously adds to his claims for me. The quick ground will be no bother at all and he's drawn soundly, He'll need to get the gaps opening at the right time to win this but Jamie Spencer is on board and I feel he's a very good tactical rider although he has a tendency to mess things up but hopefully not tomorrow, He doesn't often ride for Walter Swinburn but when they have teamed up they've a good 17% strike rate and will hopefully be adding to that tomorrow. He's the only horse Swinburn sends out here tomorrow and hopefully he's tuned up for this one and Spencer gives a good ride. It's a trappy little race as all of these are but he looks like value at 11's and with a clear run I think he has fairly solid place claims, St Moritz looks the biggest danger, Could end up trying to set a fast pace and making all but with the likely quick tempo I think it could be set up for my selection to pounce late to win this, Hopefully if he gets produced to the front that it's not too early. Small each way again, Can't put much more on in such a tough race to call. :cheers

Re: BBOTD - 9th of July 2.35 Newmarket - St Moritz EW - 8/1 Blue Square Surprised at the price. I was expecting something close to 6/1. Ran a stormer in the Hunt Cup finishing 3rd. I think Fin backed him? 3lb rise fair and with only 6 runs I expect there's a lot more to come. Has every chance today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.