** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

John Smith's Cup; York 10/07

Tempting fate I know by posting this ante-post bet, and no doubt it will be declared a non-runner tomorrow, but had to get the price this morning! Imposing is a tricky ride, having to be buried at the back and delivered late, which ultimately lost him the race at Ascot, where he finished second behind Cill Rilliag. However, that was still an impressive run and I think he can go one better in the John Smith's Cup. Conflicting information whether he runs off 100 or 103 but if it's the latter, that still doesn't worry me at all. Imposing won here off a long break over CD, which was an impressive performance after being held up. A similar run will mean he'll go close. Worries me slightly that Moore decides to go to Ascot, maybe meaning they don't really intend to run. But other explanations may include distance to travel, as well as the slightly questionable ride he gave at Ascot. The ante-post favourite, Rebel Soldier is a "50/50" chance, and with that Imposing price has been cut. Here's hoping this runs :hope I got 7/1 this morning, best priced 6/1 now however (due to Rebel Soldier drifting I feel). 3pts EW @ 7/1 StanJames (6/1 still available with Hills)