Findlay to remove horses from Nicholls yard

Pretty big news for you NH fans, Harry Findlay is set to removed his team of horses from Dicheat because he feels he has been shown a lack of support from them with regards to his charges for laying on Betfair. Instead, he has moved his big guns to those trainers he feels have supported him through recent months...that means Beshabar is heading to Timmy Vaughan and Big Fella Thanks is set to head north to Ferdy Murphy. He also also transferred his ownership of his half share of Denman to Paul Barber. Full story on the RP

HARRY FINDLAY will no longer have horses in training with Paul Nicholls after transferring his share of Denman to co-owner Paul Barber and preparing to remove his other runners, according to The Times. Findlay, who was warned off by the BHA for six months after laying his horse Gullible Gordon on two occasions, will move Beshabar to Tim Vaughan and Big Fella Thanks to Ferdy Murphy at the end of this month. The other eight horses previously co-owned by Barber and Findlay will be sold at Doncaster's August sale. Explaining the reasons for the removal, Maggie Findlay, Harry's mother inwhose purple and silver colours many of the horses race, said: "Tim Vaughan and Ferdy Murphy have been vociferous in their support not only condemning the fact Harry was charged, but pointing the finger of blame at Paul Roy, Nic Coward and Paul Scotney. "We have had horses at Ditcheat for eight or nine years and many people there will know just how honest and straight Harry is with his gambling. Yet the support, from the place where Gullible Gordon was trained, has simply not been loud enough or strong enough." Barber said: "This is a sad day for me. I'm looking at Denman in the field right now and I'm upset that I won't be sharing him with Harry any more." Barber told The Times he believed that the punisment given to Findlay by the BHA was wrong and that Findlay had been "victimised". He said: "I wish Harry well in his appeal next week and I'm sure he will win it."

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.