** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL: Round 17

Broncos -3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Broncos may have lost Lockyer, Folau and Thaiday to Origin but they still can put a handy side together, and like them to roll a depleted Tigers side. However they still have enough talent in T'eo, Wallace and Parker to continue their good recent form, and it was only several weeks ago that they had the same players out and thrashed the Rabbitohs at home. In front of a parochial home crowd, and where the Broncos have won 4 of the last 6 meetings between the two sides at Suncorp (and 6 of 8 overall), the Broncos have a young side who are enthusiastic and committed to their game. The Tigers can be a very good side on their day and can also be erratic too. While they have a good pack of forwards they do not always stand up and be counted when it matters. In games like this where they are expected to win, complacency may come into it, and the eager and more motivated Broncos can take over. Like the Broncos here with wins in 6 of their last 7 games to continue their good form with a narrow win

Re: NRL: Round 17

On the Dogs tonight. Feel that the win last week will give them the confidence to pummel a state of origin depleted sharks. So Bulldogs 13+ and -9.5 at the local tab for me :dude
Agree :ok Bulldogs win by 13+ margin @ 2.40 sportingbet Bulldogs are fresh off a very good win over the Raiders on Monday night and are going north for Gosford to play this game which should help them even more so in this game as the Sharks are a decent side at home. The Bulldogs should enjoy some good field position here as Kimmorley's kicking should be an advantage here. The Dogs have plenty of pace out wide with Morris and Turner there, and with Hannant and Idris in their forward pack, they should get some good yardage down the middle. The Sharks are without Gallen and Barrett and it makes them look pretty ordinary as they do not have the players to step up and create something. They relied on these two to set their attacks up and without them, look to the Bulldogs to put plenty of pressure on them. Also the Bulldogs have won 11 of the last 14 games against the Sharks, including the last 3 in a row and see them winning again, as long as they play the same way as they did on Monday night

Re: NRL: Round 17 My bet is along the same lines as both of you. Without Gallen and Barret the Sharks are half the side they usually are. Bulldogs got a confidence boosting win last week, granted over a diabolical Canberra outfit, but with the experience Kimmorley in the halves, the Dogs should be able to create more from their field position than the Sharks. I have been on a pretty bad losing streak of late, losing a lot of my bets my small margins so I have decided not to be too greedy and go for Bulldogs -6.5pts @ 1.80 (Betfair). Best of luck to us all. :hope

Re: NRL: Round 17 Roosters -3.5 @ 3.00 centrebet The Raiders are struggling for some form and without Shillington and Learoyd-Lahrs, they lose quite a bit of punch when going forward. Furthermore, their home record is surprisingly not that good this year where they have only twice this year. They will meet a Roosters side that may have also lost Pearce and Myles to Origin, but Anasta returns and expect a big game from Carney who returns to Canberra and he will look to cause some damage to his old club. The Roosters have won the last 3 meetings including a 36-6 win over them last year in Canberra and believe they have enough in them to edge this one Eels -3.5 @ 3.00 centrebet Both sides are erratic and it is hard to predict when either side will turn up for their games. They are both missing some players so this game can go either way, but one thing that i like about the Eels is their defence and believe that they will put enough pressure on the Warriors to cause mistakes and give them good field position. Eventually this should see some points scored. Interesting stat here is that the Warriors have lost 7 of their last 8 matches at Mt Smart Stadium when they play during the day