Ripon 17th June

2.45 Ripon The old boy the Tatling ran a very solid race 2 weeks ago under Detori, runs off same mark today but usual jockey back on board claiming his usual 3lb which puts him very well handicapped now 7lb lower than his last winning mark last year clearly in good heart wide draw doesnt help but nonetheless dangerous to dismiss! 0.25pt e/w the tatling

Re: Ripon 17th June Staying away from the Royal meeting and heading up north for Thursday's bet. 2.45 Ripon Lovely track is Ripon, wish I was there. 13 runners line up for this Class 5 handicap over the straight 5. Hazelrigg is tough to discount but is plenty short enough for a horse that struggles to stick his neck in front whilst La Capriosa is in winning form but is surely better on the sand. With some fancy prices around on Betfair, I've taken the following bet early: Lucky Art (RPF 10/1) - Let's get the negative out of the way first, is drawn 8 which is not that bad but would have preferred a couple of stalls lower. That aside, a massive run is due from this horse. Has a promising 5lb claimer up top and hails from a yard that has not been short of winners this season around the northern tracks. Extremes of ground aren't ideal so the forecast 'good' going will be perfect. Quite surprisingly to me, the horse is dropped 3lb and 1 grade today, always a good combination and a sign that a big run is on the cards. Back down to mark of recent close up runs but the difference this time is the extra 5lb to come off the jockeys back. Looking deeper into his form gives this chance a much better chance that many imagine. Poor on seasonal reappearance but first run can be ignored as can the soft ground. Since then, finished 3rd here over C&D but actually 'won' on its side of the track off todays mark before following it up with a close up 2nd when raised in grade, pulling clear of the 3rd horse home. Next was again another good run when 4th of 9, having looked nailed on for 2nd. Was run out of it late on after trying to chase the classy and very speedy winner. Up 4lb, ran 7th of 13 but easy to dismiss as the horse had the worst of the draw and raced alone up the wrong side of the track. Disappointed a little lto but probably raced too quick. Will find it difficult to grab the lead here and I think that's actually a postivie. Will tuck in just off the lead, 3rd or 4th I guess, and will hope to pick off the leaders late on. This is not an ideal hold up track so its prominent racing style is another plus. Double figures is too big here and I expect a return to winning ways.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.