Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series

Having been mullered in the limited overs series, West Indies now take on South Africa in a 3 match test series which begins on Thursday. As with the one dayers, all 3 matches are all live on Sky albeit behind the red button occasionally. Schedule:

Thu Jun 10 - Mon Jun 14 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST 1st Test - West Indies v South Africa Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad 38.png 25 - 31° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Scattered Thunderstorms Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Fri Jun 18 - Tue Jun 22 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST 2nd Test - West Indies v South Africa Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
N/A
Sat Jun 26 - Wed Jun 30 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST 3rd Test - West Indies v South Africa Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
N/A

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Buy H.Amlas innings runs (95) @ 1 point. sportingbet In the ODI's Amla got a total of 402 runs with an average of 80.40. Hes in top form and i can see him easily hitting another big knock. Although he doesn't open i can maybe a few early wickets falling and Amla coming in, quieting the Windies down and slowly building the runs up. If he can get 100s in the ODIs imagine what he can in tests where he can pace his innings out! 3 pts S Africa to win 1st Test @ 2.2 Coral To put in bluntly West Indies are appaling at the moment. A 5-0 whitewash and aside from Chanderpaul and Sammy no other player shined. They will also be missing Sarwan, Jerome Taylor, Adrian Barath and Fidel Edwards, whilst SA have more or less a full team to choose from.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series 2 series bets for me in this. I think South Africa will win 3-0 (weather permitting) but given they are 6/5 to win the 1st test I'm in no rush to back them at 10/3 to win 3-0. 2pts AB de Villiers Top South Africa Series Batsman 5/1 William Hill For much of the one day series which has recently finished, AB de Villiers was right up with Hashim Amla in the run charts and I think now that he can pace himself and play innings of whichever length he chooses, he can flourish and lead the SA batting charts. This is a tough market. Jacques Kallis is always going to be a huge danger and given how well he went in the ODI's Hashim Amla must be respected too. Graeme Smith has an excellent test record against the men from the Caribbean but AB de Villiers isn't holder of a bad record either. He averages just shy of 65 in tests in the West Indies and unlike Smith is in good nick at the minute. Amla and Kallis could well rate as the main dangers but I don't think de Villiers is too far behind them two and at 5/1 I'm happy to back the dynamic de Villiers to top score for the Proteas here. 1pt B.Nash Top West Indies Series Batsman 20/1 Boylesports This market is wide open. Ramnaresh Sarwan's absence leaves a huge hole in the West Indian batting lineup but one man who could prosper from that is Brendan Nash. The obdurate, Jamaican left hander is a good foil for Gayle and a solid partner for Chanderpaul but he offers a confident, solid scoring option in the middle order which is something the West Indies really lack without Sarwan. Chris Gayle's form has been patchy if being kind, rotten if not, in recent weeks and a lot of this side come into this series with the mental tortures of the ODI's in the backs of their minds. One man who doesn't is Nash and he's been in decent touch for West Indies A in Bangladesh in recent weeks. Nash is a solid player in a team of out of form enigmas. For a guy who could well bat at 5 in this series 20/1 is a stupid price and I'm happy to be on at that price.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Just the one match bet for me to begin with. Hoping to find an in running play or two and this series is timed perfectly for session bets. 4pts P.Harris' Performance Pts - 87&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Harris is a pretty clever cricketer and I think this line is a bit on the low side. We saw in the ODI here last week that it's a decent place to bowl spin and hard to score off the spinners here with the 33 overs of spin in the match going for 124 runs - less than 4 an over. In the test match here last year England played 2 spinners and they took 10 of the 18 wickets that England got between them so I think this is a ground which very much provides something for the spinner. Harris is also a fair lower order batsman and with Steyn, Morkel and Tsotsobe likely to be the pace trio for SA in this test, it could be that Harris bats at 8 which would give him enough time to make a few runs. He could also be a nightwatchman which would give more potential for run scoring. However I don't think 4 wickets is beyond him at all and coupled with a few runs we should get this target covered nicely.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Not sure if Blue Square have watched this test match so far but if they have they are offering a superb in play bet. 2pts P.Harris Top South Africa Bowler (1st Inns Only) 4/1 Blue Square I know I'm on Harris' performance but this price is very big and so big I have to get on. We haven't seen too much play in this test so far, just the 34 overs but what we have seen is that even on day 1 this wicket is turning square. Suliemann Benn and Shane Shillingford have this ball talking and although Harris isn't a huge turner of the ball, the way this wicket is turning he will get it to move. I've said all through this West Indian summer that I don't think they play spin very well and Zimbabwe's spinners along with Botha and van der Merve have backed my thoughts up already. Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel could well exploit any uneven bounce in this surface but Harris is going to bowl in long spells and at 4/1 I'm very much taking him to be the top wicket taker in the 1st South African bowling innings.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series One in play bet for me... 5pts South Africa over 300.4 runs @ 1.83 paddypower Even though 3 wickets have fallen and the pitch is a paradise for the spinners I still think South Africa can get another 235 runs between they're 5 recognised batsman, espicially if Kallis plays himself in and gets a big total. Hopefully Harris and Kallis can start well tomoraw and build up a steady partnership, which would boost Kevs bet as well.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Cheers Kec, cant believe Harris picked up only 2 wickets in 2 innings. I lost a bit with the Amla spread bet but was only small stakes, overall profit for me. Next Test on Friday now.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series 2nd test begins tomorrow. I'm going with 2 initially. 4pts South Africa (-8.5 runs) Highest Opening Partnership 5/6 Ladbrokes (1st Inns Only) South Africa have covered this line in every innings since the ODI series begun apart from the 4th ODI where they were narrowly beaten on the opening partnership. The West Indian's seem incapable of keeping Steyn and Morkel out and are often one down fairly early. In the 1st test West Indies put up opening partnerships of 7 and 2 to counter South Africa's 55 and 56. South Africa have completely controlled the matches with the West Indies and despite using what I think is a makeshift opening partnership I still expect Smith and Petersen to go past Gayle and Dowlin before the 1st wickets go down. 3pts S.Benn's Performance Pts - 102&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Suliemann Benn had a terrific 1st test match, taking 8 wickets and making 42 runs for a combined total of 202pts and I expect him to go well again here. South African batsmen as a rule don't play spin too well and we've seen all Caribbean summer that these wickets will turn and this one in St Lucia will be no different. The danger to this bet is that Suliemann will only bowl once but South Africa aren't really a follow on enforcing team, as we saw in the 1st test. Even if he does only bowl once 4 wickets wouldn't be beyond him and neither should the 22 runs in 2 knocks. Hopefully he can get a couple of bowling innings and pick up 5 wickets which should be more than enough with a couple of runs to cover this total. It looks high but given he almost doubled it last week I'll take him to clear 102 in this 2nd test.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series I bet myself on the opening partnership (WI to have highest opening partnership) for the following reason before reading this post Return of Roach: Alviro petersen does not impress me much, i expect roach to snare petersen early. But ur solid analysis has made created a doubt in my mind, now keeping fingers crossed

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Sorry for afterposting but at the start i betted on 3 pts South Africa to score over 480 runs @ 2.62 bet365 The pitch looks good and South Africa bat all the way down to number 7. West Indies have lost every single game in this series and i can see South Africa posting a massive 1st innings score.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Cheers Mayur, again minimum stakes with Amla so not to fussed. This pitch looks excellent to bat on so im thinking about taking Gayle, if he gets in especially with these short boundaries he could get a solid score. Will think about it until SA declare.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Just sold the bet at 88, resulting in a profit of 41 points. Yep Mayur, deffo going to buy Chaunderpauls runs when he comes in to bat. Theres nothing wrong with the pitch and he can stay in all day.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series Yep had a feeling Gayle would go, another inplay bet... 2 points buy Chaunderpaul runs @ 50 sportingindex Again theres nothing wrong with the pitch yet, its still a flat track and I think Chaunderpaul can get in properly and fill his boots. Recently he hasn't really shone in test cricket with scores of 26 and 15 in the last test but I think today's the day the Guyanese batsman can get West Indies smiling.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series 3rd test begins at 3. This is from Bridgetown, Barbados. I'm going with one initially but I'll be keeping an eye on the markets as we go along. 3pts S.Chanderpaul 1st Inns 50 or more 5/4 Ladbrokes Shivnerine Chanderpaul loves batting on this ground. In 6 of his last 7 test innings here he has got a half century or more which is an incredible record really. He comes into this match having just scored a terrific 166 in the last test so he's in tip top form. I fully expect the bat to dominate the ball in this test. 600 played 750 played 230odd for 2 here when England visited last summer so this is a ground where you don't want to be a bowler, as we saw in the recent world twenty20. Given his record here Chanderpaul should be full of confidence when he comes to the crease and although anyone can get a jaffa at any stage, with the bat likely to dominate the ball then I'm happy to take this bet at 5/4.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs South Africa - Test Series 4 Pts West Indies to score over 355.5 runs @ 2.75 bet365 This ground is a batting pitch and after the last Test where West Indies got a huge total i think they can repeat this here again. Hopefully Gayle can take of with the bat then Chaunderpaul can come in and hit another solid knock.