BBOTD - Monday May the 31st

4:10 Redcar - Cairnsmore - 1pt @ 11/2 (Bet365 - BOG) Won impressively last time out at Chepstow over this distance. Will love this ground and seems a speedy sort. It's an exciting looking race where I can make claims for a few of them but I think this fellow is open to the most improvement and can land the spoils again. Joe Fanning takes the ride here and he's a more than competent jockey in my opinion, Johnston's yard is in form again and has had a few decent winners in the last number of days. The horse has already been beaten by one of the market leaders, Sweet Lightening, But that was on soft-ish ground which didn't suit at all. This ground will be ideal and he likes to sit up at the head of affairs so hopefully he'll get to dictate things like last time and get up.

Re: BBOTD - Monday May the 31st 16:20 Goodwood Jeninsky was due to run at Newmarket on Friday but was pulled out due to the ground being too quick, the trainer did state beforehand he would only be run if the ground suited but it looks sure to suit today with the ground currently described as good but surely will only run again if the ground is suitable. Was last seen in Cologne in a Listed race over a mile, was well beaten that day but will be more at home back in handicap company and back in the UK. Will also appreciate the step back in trip considering 2 of his 3 wins have been over today's trip of 7 furlongs. His last race in the UK was on the July course at Newmarket where he won a class 2 handicap. Does face a 6lb rise in the weights for that effort but I am confident he can run a solid enough race off todays mark of 92. May be in need of the run but at the prices its definately worth the chance. Win Jeninsky @ 16/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.