Curragh~Sunday 23rd

In the 1,000 Guineas i think Fallon's mount BLUE MAIDEN 33/1 BET 365 is a very big price would have a e/w chance here the English version was a rather strange race were this horse was only ninth and i think it can do much better here and the drier ground should suit. Wasn't far from the Channon trained fav over 7f at Newmarket (nell Gywn) although had 3lb less that day but didn't get the best of runs and was closing at the line.

Re: Curragh~Sunday 23rd Irish 1000 gns The ex-French filly of Godolphin's - Anna Salai - appears to be being backed as though there's no tomorrow and might well go off as favourite. She won the 'Grotte' which is usually a good trial for the french Guineas, but she didn't run in that one, maybe because it coincided with her transfer to England ? The fillies she beat there all finished close up behind Special Duty at Longchamp, so the form looks solid The RP race report says she quickened 'brilliantly' to win the Grotte, which i don't suppose they say very often for any horse ! Two main problems....... 1) the price has gone. When i looked at the race without knowing any prices i had her down as a good EW bet, thinking she'd be double figures at least.........now around 9/2 2) the Godolphin factor - you just never know where you stand with this mob. My impression, not based on any facts, is that the horses they've transferred from France are OK as long as they've been trained and run this season in France, like Rewilding the other day. The 'dicky' ones are the ones that have come from France without a run this season and are being trained from a standing start by the Godolphin team. Probably won't back her now at short odds - I'll have another look tomorrow for an EW shot..............:D

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.