Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May

1:50 Haydock - Speed Gene - Place Lay I know it's a tad controversial to place lay a Hannon newcomer but he is a debutant up against a few with decent first-time-out efforts here. West Leake Bridge is a worthy favourite, Colorado Gold built on his debut when 2nd lto and could well go really close here. A couple of other with experience and a few other interesting newcomers to me make Speed Gene a nice value place lay. If Hughes was on I'd swerve the lay, but McDonald isn't even the stable 2nd jockey 1pt place lay

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 2.40 Southwell - San Fermin (LAY) Is favourite on debut, most likely because he is a Godolphin runner. I believe him to be a false favourite however with too many punters backing blindly because of the name value. Four other runners: George Benjamin, Prima de Vida, Conceptual Art and Wadi Wanderer have all had respectable outings on the fibresand recently and this experience should give their chances of taking this event a little boost. There are some minor niggling questions about the number of runs it has taken for George Benjamin in particular to break his maiden status. In summary, a debutant on the Southwell fibresand faces at least three credible opponents today, and as such, backing odds less than 3.0 are simply far too short.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.