lets send a PL`er to the WSOP 2011

teaulc

lets send a PL`er to the WSOP 2011  

1. 1.

with the onset of this years WSOP i feel we should try and get another PL`er to next years. this would need some commitment from everyone here and some help from one of the poker sites probably although we could this on our own by setting up private tables on an acceptable site. it would have to be for the $1500 tourney and $1000 for hotel/plane so a $2500 prize package. i was thinking a 50 week league with the normal points system and best 35 weeks counted so you wont miss out with holidays etc. if this is done privately we would need a minimum of 25 players paying $2 each and someone to hold the money in trust. also the winner would agree to a 25% stake of any winnings for all players who have participated in a minimum amount of games to be agreed upon. what do you think? any suggestions welcomed and if this would be vialble or not.

Re: lets send a PL`er to the WSOP 2011 It's a good idea but 50 weeks is waaaayyy too long.....I'd imagine the numbers would drop each week leaving a shortfall in cash. Might be more feasible to multiply the stake by 5 ($10) and divide the weeks by 5 (10) which would be more manageable but not sure whether it would get the required numbers.:unsure Good luck:ok TQM

Re: lets send a PL`er to the WSOP 2011 how about 26 weeks then with a $5 buy-in? i am sure Paul could get one of the sites involved for added value, hopefully they would be more involved than Stan James were the last time :sad:sad this can be as flexible as we need to be :ok

Re: lets send a PL`er to the WSOP 2011

it would have to be for the $1500 tourney and $1000 for hotel/plane so a $2500 prize package.
I'm not wholly convinced personally think I could give myself more chance of qualifying with $100 than a league full of good players. I can think of 2 ways currently where if I had $100 spare I would give myself around a 40-50% chance of getting there this year.... (anybody fancy staking offer :tongue2) whereas a League with 25 PL'ers for 1 seat I'd rate my chances as no better than 10%. .... on a side note you can probably knock $500 of the price as there are an awful lot of $1k tourneys this year. (Good Marketing ploy by Harrahs !! ... more bums on seats more people to spend cash elsewhere in their establishments)