Newbury 14th May

5.10 Newbury Charlie Smirke progressed nicely over the winter finally getting a win on the board off a mark of 67, and followed up with a win on second start after that off a mark of 74, was disappointing when well backed last time out in a 4 runner event, probably unsuited by the pace of the race and the lack of cover he was able to get often pulling to hard. Should get cover and a better pace to run at off a 4lb lower mark than his last win on the AW. 0.5pt e/w charlie smirke

Re: Newbury 14th May NAP - 1:50 Newbury - Golden Shine - 3pts I think this one is well overpriced. I'd have it as a 5/2 or 3/1 shot and not the 5.5 currently available. Channon has won this a good few times in previous years with good horses and i fancy this one to put up a good effort tomorrow after winning well last time out when 1/8 favorite. Has beaten Phoebs already on debut and finished ahead of Emma's Gift who won a couple of days ago. Golden Shine ran well that day and hit 1.85 IR, Then won next time out. Further progression should see her in with a serious chance here. NB - 4:35 Newbury - Arctic Cosmos - 2pts Ran well on reappearance winning well over 1m 1f, Up in trip by 2f this time and i think it could suit. Should improve for having the recent run and i think there's more to come from this one in handicaps.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.