Beverley 11th May

3.00 Beverley Nice big field handicap over the 5f sprint shame it has all the shape of a weak affair on paper with several of these struggling in the main and need to step up so I am gonna take 2 slightly risky bets but I think they could go well at decent prices. Lord of the reins ran a respectable race in a better race last time out from a poor draw and is better drawn today dropped effectively 6lb in handicap and has useful Cannon taking off a further 5lb which makes him looks extremely well handicapped now returning to last winning mark on penultimate start on aw, he is probably better known for his aw antics these but has won on the turf off marks in 80's now rated just 75 fast ground and course to suit has often run well here the other I am taking against the field is Pacific Pride who is actually running from 3lb out of the handicap and must step back forward after some poor shows after winning this race last year off a mark of 70, rated just 58 today, has gone well fresh in the past and another useful claimer helps to off set the harsh reality of running out of the weights. 0.5pt e/w lord of the reins 8/1 pp 0.25pt e/w pacific pride 25/1 sj 4.00 Beverley A couple of last time out winners line up in this but Fuijin Dancer is up in grade and up 10lb in total today under a penalty which looks tough even though he was impressive he often finds trouble in running. Danehillsundance was impressive winner last week over CD and runs under just a penalty today and looks potentially well handicapped having won off 89 in his younger days running off 72 today and now back on song could be hard to peg back. 1pt win danehillsundance 11/4 hills

Re: Beverley 11th May 4.00 Beverley TAMASOU should appreciate the little rest he has been given and with Roger Curtis' yard in very good form (the placings of all of their runners in the last fortnight are 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) I think now could be an ideal time to catch him right. He has placed over the extended mile at Wolverhampton in the past so should see out this trip here, with his win at Musselburgh confirming a stiff finish poses no real problems. He is only 3 lbs higher than when scoring at Catterick last term so I feel he can be competitive today off his present mark. 25/1 SJ

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.