Best bet of the day 10th May

3.40 Brighton I feel the likely favourite Chalice welcome might be worth taking on, he is a lot better on the AW than turf and all his recent wins have come on aw and now 23lb higher than last win on turf last Sept. Perpetually is undoubtly a much classier horse than most of this field and although failed to come on for runs recently he might be one more risk off a slipping mark, he was unbeaten on fast ground until last time out 2 weeks ago, but hopefully the step up in trip will bring out that little extra that he perhaps needs. Johnstons horse often improve for the step up in trip and his horses continue in good enough form as they often do. 1pt win Perpetually

Re: Best bet of the day 10th May R5.20 All Moving Parts 0.5pt E/W 66/1 Victor Chandlers It's not really my style to pick horses trained by a trainer who hasn't had a placed horse in 20 runners this season, but I'll make an exception here ! Four of the trainers last 5 horses have actually finished just out of the places in 4th at prices of 33/1, 25/1, 20/1 and 100/1. The selection could potentially be the best drawn of these (14 of 14) and the horse ran much it's best race on its only attempt on this ground over this distance. Back racing over those conditions today off a 9lb lower mark and with an excellent claimer taking a further 3lb off, the horse could well be overpriced.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.