Redcar 10th May

3.50 Redcar This has all the marks of an extremely weak handicap and I have Orangeleg down as a potentially unexposed well handicapped horse having run away in eye catching fashion with a handicap at lingfield over this trip but was bitterly disappointing when last seen at Wolverhampton in February and fitness and well being has to be taken on trust but a return to turf may be just what he needs. 0.5pt win orangeleg

Re: Redcar 10th May 3.50 Redcar My thoughts:

Rio CoboloClaims on form last term especially now back on a good mark but worry has to be trainers severe lack of form
JimwilGood record at the track and stable going well but doesn't look particularly well handicapped
Piazza San PietroYet to win a handicap but excellent jockey booking, will love the ground, right trip & was unlucky lto when badly hampered
Indian VioletStill a maiden and seems to be on the downgrade. Need to see some semblence of form before getting involved
SeldomWon a maiden here but nothing much since on turf, better on AW. Positive jockey booking, claiming 7lb
Peters GiftAttractive mark now but lto puts its chances into real doubt. May prefer ground to ease too but chance with stable amongst the winners
OrangelegUnexposed with plenty of scope and 2 wins from last 4 starts but no show off this mark lto so needs to show its capable of defying such a mark
FinsburyGood run lto and interesting jockey booking, claimer with good record on top. Needs to progress on last run but chance if it does. Step up in grade a concern
Custard Cream KidNot run for 2 years so impossible to know what's expected. Stable in top form though and dropped to a low mark
Dream WinUnexposed but no signs of form. Stable & jockey could be dangerous but too much risk for a horse yet to show anything resembling form
Rio Caribe3yo with evey chance that step up in trip will suit. Biggest concern as always is its ability to beat the older horses so early in the season
Woldgate3 maiden runs only at massive prices and form to match. 3yo too, huge surprise is in the first 6
Sixties RockAnother 3yo which is the main negative. Step up in grade and 2lb above last winning mark but stable in excellent form so cannot easily be dismissed
Of the likely favs, Piazza San Pietro stands out for me whilst, of the others, I can't easily write off Sixties Rock or Peters Gift. The former looks solid but the fact it's a 3yo puts me off so early in the reason whilst the latter would have been an EW bet had it shown some form lto and if the ground eased. Jimwil, Orangeleg & Finsbury all hold claims too but look a bit short in the market especially as all 3 have something to prove. Will wait for the prices before deciding on a bet but my 3 against the field are Piazza San Pietro, Peters Gift & Sixties Rock.