Nottingham - Saturday 8th May

13:55 Nottingham Mr Funshine made his return to turf LTO when running a very good 2nd at Yarmouth over the minimum trip. I thought he looked the winner at one point in the race and he ran on very strongly but the eventual winner hung on gamely. That was his first placed effort on turf at the 14th attempt so its clear hes came on well from his AW exploits over the winter where he notched up 3 wins all over the minimum trip. His only other win also came over the trip in 2008. He was pulled out of a race earlier in the week and I am just starting to wonder if he was aimed for this race since the stable won it last year. It is interesting anyway. Not sure what sort of price to expect but currently trading at around 10/1. 0.5pts E/W MrFunshine @ SP

Re: Nottingham - Saturday 8th May 2.55 Nottingham LONDON GOLD - Henry Candy had churned out some quality sprinters over the years and this one looks no exception. Making his handicap debut here the trainer looks to have plenty of mileage in him off this generous looking mark; on his second start he chased home subsquent Group 3 winner Carnaby Street and he looks a handicap blot rated just 78 here. I've been waiting for this one to run for several months now and the price is better than I was expecting. 6/1 Bet 365.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.