Chester Fri 7th May

Re: Chester Fri 7th May 145 Celtic Sultan hasnt got the draw i was hoping for coming out of stall 10 of 12 I know they go for this meeting every year and the horse has now dropped to a mark of 87. Won here off 100 only 2 years ago and has won in May in last 2 years. I backed this horse at Nottingham on Saturday and noted it had a fairly easy race, and didnt jump out the stalls as it does here. It was backed into favouritism on Saturday and another factor tomorrow may be the softer surface so its only a smaller bet with doubts about the draw and the ground. 16/1 Bluesquare 215 Prompter or Dancing David for me. I saw Prompter at Epsom and Hayley tried to lead all the way there and was caught and overtaken that day, maybe that the ground was too fast that day so can be forgiven. Dancing David can also lead and i expect these 2 to fight out the finish with preference just for DD. Prompter 8/1 Bet365 DAncing David 11/4 Paddy Power 245 Harbinger only race on a softish surface resulted in a 6L defeat last season and perhaps this could be its undoing again tomorrow, with Age of Aquairus the likely benefactor. 2/1 Paddy power

Re: Chester Fri 7th May 430 Viva ronaldo likes it here 1st, 2nd & 4th in 3 races, but must have fast ground. Last Sovereign likes to make all and Dettori riding for Jane Chapple Hyam is always worth looking out for. Dettori should get the horse out from stall 3 early to the front. The ground should be ok as has place form on soft. expected SP 6/1

Re: Chester Fri 7th May 16:30 Chester Fathsta has dropped down to a very nice mark here on what will be his return to the turf. His last race on the turf was back in August where he disappointed off a mark of 90, but did place twice last year off that mark. Has placed off marks of 93, 91 and 90 twice in 2008. The last time he ran off a mark of 85 was his last win on turf which came at York over today's distance. This is the highest mark he has won off but should be in with a great chance today having dropped back down to this mark. The horse also won at this course as a 2 year old and has gone on to place here a further 3 times. 1pt win Fathsta @ SP Will probably take a price in the morning.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May I also think 1.45 CELTIC SULTAN 16/1 BET 365 BOG has a e/w shout in this. Draw could have been kinder but if he can get across and get to the lead and dominate may just prove very difficult to pass off current low mark. Would have liked to seen money for it but seems to be drifting although early days yet. I think it can get away with the ground and likes the course and has won this race in the past and i would imagine will have been trained for another tilt at this and will be spot on after a couple of runs. Decent e/w chance IMO.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May 1.45 chester - academy blues - improving quickly for a yard that have won this handicap 3/10 in last decade. Handles soft ground. 10/1 lads. 5.05 chester - interdiamonds - daughter of montjeu so trip ideal. Narrow defeat lto, could gain compensation here. 7/1 b365.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May VICTORIA MONTOYA 2.45 Chester. 1 point win. Needs to pick it up a bit on most recent form, but I think this track will suit her and she should get the run of the race. The trip's fine, and although she's pregnant, that's certainly not a negative in my eyes, as I've seen many run better for it. Anyhow, at around 20/1 would appear very good value.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May diman waters 315 chest. 1 pt win. won last time and can double up today. the trip and ground shouldnt be a concern and has the speed to get a good early position. weighted to need to find a little, but having the race run to suit can compensate for that today.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May SAFINA 3.55 Chester. Entitled to come on for debut run, and of course has every chance. However, at around 4/5 I'd much rather be a layer than a player, in the hope of all the other unexposed rivals finding that bit more than expected, or the favourite himself not finding as much as expected. All guess work, but in such a race the odds call the bet and at 4/5 it has to be a lay, irrespective of the end result.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May Avery small bet e/w on DESERT DREAMER 33/1 PP BOG who is on a very high mark and could have been drawn better but last two turf wins were over CD ant the winner in the first Autumn Blades was high in the weights but returned at a very nice 25/1.

Re: Chester Fri 7th May 17:05 Chester Interdiamonds looks ahead of the handicapper in todays race having not been raised for his effort LTO where he was just headed over the distance at Doncaster. Ran a very good race and has twice suffered a narrow defeat in 2nd place in his last three runs. Low draw here which is beneficial. Jockeys only ride at the meeting today and Mark Johnston's only horse at today's meeting which is definately a positive for me. 2pt win @ 11/2 (VC Bet - BOG)