Ffos Las Thursday 6th May

19:00 Ffos Las I feel this race is between the top three in the weights and at the current prices I have to side for an each way bet on Wind Star. Has had two runs back on turf so far this season, both in selling compnay where he has finished 2nd and 3rd. Both those races were 9f and I feel he will appreciate the step back up to 10 furlongs in this race having won over the distance twice last year in similar conditions. Those wins came off marks of 79 and 83 so he is definately well in off today's mark of 80. Was well beaten the last twice in handicap company but they were both off marks of 89 and 90 so a 10lbs drop in the weights since his last run in a handicap. First run for new yard today. I have decided that I will also have a small saver on Potentiale who won back to back handicaps last year at Goodwood and Epsom. The win at Epsom came over the distance in similar conditions off a mark of 77. Gets in off a mark of 80 today but Patrick Hills takes off a vital 3lbs which definately makes him well weighted for this race. Should strip fitter for the race today after making some late headway to finish 4th on his seasonal reappearance at Newbury. 0.4pts E/W Wind Star @ 10/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 0.45pt win Potentiale @ 9/2 (WillHill - BOG)

Re: Ffos Las Thursday 6th May 7.00 Just about to post exactly the same 2 as Stu, especially like the price on Potentiale. 7.30 Very competitive race this, with even those running from outside the handicap not without a squeak. I'm still torn between the front 2 in the market. Mr Hichens is handicapped to win, ran very well lto and ground/trip no problem. Opus Maximus competed in higher class races last year and was rarely disgraced. Drops into class 4 company after a promising run first time out this season which possibly suggested the extra furlong will help. I'm guna think about this one further and see how the prices change.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.