Benchmarking - Starting Hand Grids by position in Unopened pots

GaF

First of all - to make clear - the suggestions that may be taken from this should not be considered definite - there are many factors that will change the action you want to take from that highlighted here - e.g. stack sizes. Also, whilst we now have many thousands of hands of data, there will be some situations where sample size is small, even zero - so the data can simply be "wrong"! However I do still believe that this is a very useful exercise and that both players can learn a lot from it. So what do we have? For unopened pots, by position, I have looked at each players results when they take one of the 3 options available to them - namely to fold, call or raise and identified which of these choices, by holecards, provide the best reults for them. There are 3 columns of data - column 2 relates to Popeye and Column 3 related to Charlie Brown. Column 1 is a consensus - that is showing where both players most profitable option is the same. Each set of holecards is colour coded - green is where a raise has been the most profitable choice for the player, orange is where a call has been the most profitable choice and red is where a fold was the most profitable choice. Where there is no consensus in the combined data, then there has been no colour coding added. I make no claims over which should be the most profitable option - I am just reporting what has been the most profitable option so far for the players in the hands they have played - it may be that they are playing post flop badly and that impacts their results. To try and take some account of this, it is my intention to maybe replace the consensus column at some stage with the most profitable option, in terms of BB/100 and thus show any gap the player has on the way he plays certain hands. It is also my intention to replicate this exercise with other pre flop actions than "unopened". Post wont post - trying without the grids and I'll post them seperately below

Re: Benchmarking - Starting Hand Grids by position in Unopened pots Charlie Browns Most Frequent action is also his Most Profitable 145 times (and he does not take the most profitable action most frequently 24 times). Popeyes Most Frequent action is also his Most Profitable 148 times (and he does not take the most profitable action most frequently 21 times). Obviously some allowance needs to be made for the sample size - however both players should look towards making their most profitable play most of the time, more frequently (where the most profitable action is currently an anomaly, this should fix itself as the sample size increases - having the effect of reducing how often each player takes less profitable actions)