** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs

Two for me this weekend

Crusaders (+14) to beat Bradford @ Evs (bet365) 2.75/5 Crusaders to beat Bradford @ 9/2 (Paddy Power) 0.25/5

I feel the handicapper may have caught Bradford up with this line. Only 3 out of 12 games this season have they been victorious with -14 while Crusaders would have had 7 victories out of their 11 games with a 14 start. They lie in an impressive 4th position in a h’cap-adjusted SL table and they come into the game with a relatively full-strength squad. Just feel Bradford still can’t be trusted IMO and with the influential Jamie Langley still out and over a 2 try start for Crusaders, I feel that is where the value lies. Also had a small bet on Crusaders on the outright due to the neutral venue – you never know!

Harlequins (+8) to beat Hull FC @ 10/11 (various) 2.5/5 Harlequins to beat Hull FC @ 2/1 (BlueSq) 0.5/5

Feel Hull look a touch vulnerable this weekend. Still missing Long, Fitzgibbon and Tickle, they’ve only cleared an 8 line in 1 of their fixtures away from the KC Stadium this season. They also lie 14th in an Overall 5 game h’cap adjusted form table while their opponents Harlequins lie in an impressive 2nd place. They also accounted for the leaders Wigan last week and seem to be getting a few influential players back from injury in the shape of Purdham, Dorn and Temata. The loss of fullback Jones-Bishop is a blow but I think they look a decent bet for Saturday’s game.

GL all :hope :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs Interesting stats you've dug up there as usual mr spam. I was already on harlequins as I am mostly liking them this season, :D and the bradford stuff makes interesting reading and yes stranger things have happened than a crusaders win, so you never know. :cheers

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs Rugby League is far from my strong point and i dont bet on it usually but having done a bit of research into the weekends matches this one caught my eye...... 4pts Harlequins +8 to beat Hull at 10/11 with BlueSquare Hull's injury list going into this match is full of influential players. The likes of Long, Tickle and Fitzgibbon are all very good performers and to have them type of players missing, along with Mark Calderwood being out long term, would effect any side. They edged out a close one last week at home against Wakefield but lost their 2 games before that. Harlequins proved last week that they can be dangerous should they be given a chance to get a foot hold in a game. Coming back from that big deficit at Wigan last week will have given them a huge confidence boost and you would think their game before against St. Helens will have given them more positives than most defeats normally would. With this game being played at a neutral venue, Hull's injury list and Harlequins last couple of performances, im happy to take a chance on them covering this handicap. First Rugby League bet, here's hoping for some beginners luck..........

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs 2 for me this afternoon. 3pts Harlequins (+8) to beat Hull FC 4/5 Blue Square Harlequins will be buzzing coming into this match having beaten the league leaders Wigan on their own patch last weekend. As I said last weekend, Harlequins have their key players in Dorn and Purdham back now and I expected to see a totally different Quins outfit and was proved right. Hull aren't so lucky at the minute. They've got a sackful of injury problems. Fitzgibbon, Calderwood, Long, Berrigan and Tickle are all hugely influential players and they are all missing. The black and whites still have a couple of quality performers in the likes of Horne, Yeaman and Manu but there's no doubt they have been decimated with injuries. Quins will be without on loan full back Ben Jones-Bishop so Chris Melling will fill in at full back but if Dorn gets on the ball on this big pitch he should cause Hull lots of problems. I wouldn't rule out Quins winning but I expect them to stay within 8 of Hull. 3pts Warrington (-18) to beat Salford 4/5 Blue Square I like Warrington on this handicap. They beat Salford 32-2 at the Halliwell Jones earlier in the season and I expect something similar today. The Wolves are a hugely powerful attacking outfit and on this huge Murrayfield pitch I think they will be very difficult to contain. Salford have a couple of injuries in the prop and forward areas which won't be ideal when the likes of Adrian Morley is among the opposition pack. I've said all season I don't rate this Salford side and it looks like they'll have a few youngsters in their side today. Warrington have Chris Hicks back today to kick the goals and with the likes of Riley, Hicks, Atkins and Myler in the side I think Tony Smith's men will cover 18 today.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs

Two for me this weekend

Crusaders (+14) to beat Bradford @ Evs (bet365) 2.75/5 Crusaders to beat Bradford @ 9/2 (Paddy Power) 0.25/5

I feel the handicapper may have caught Bradford up with this line. Only 3 out of 12 games this season have they been victorious with -14 while Crusaders would have had 7 victories out of their 11 games with a 14 start. They lie in an impressive 4th position in a h’cap-adjusted SL table and they come into the game with a relatively full-strength squad. Just feel Bradford still can’t be trusted IMO and with the influential Jamie Langley still out and over a 2 try start for Crusaders, I feel that is where the value lies. Also had a small bet on Crusaders on the outright due to the neutral venue – you never know!

Harlequins (+8) to beat Hull FC @ 10/11 (various) 2.5/5 Harlequins to beat Hull FC @ 2/1 (BlueSq) 0.5/5

Feel Hull look a touch vulnerable this weekend. Still missing Long, Fitzgibbon and Tickle, they’ve only cleared an 8 line in 1 of their fixtures away from the KC Stadium this season. They also lie 14th in an Overall 5 game h’cap adjusted form table while their opponents Harlequins lie in an impressive 2nd place. They also accounted for the leaders Wigan last week and seem to be getting a few influential players back from injury in the shape of Purdham, Dorn and Temata. The loss of fullback Jones-Bishop is a blow but I think they look a decent bet for Saturday’s game.

GL all :hope :ok
Top stuff lee :clap

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs One for me today. 3pts Castleford (-2) to beat Catalans 10/11 Skybet Castleford are an expansive side who like to move the ball around and on this big Murrayfield pitch I think that will be a key factor. They'll have bags of room to display their talent and will come into this game with a bit of confidence having won last week. Catalans are struggling this season. Injuries and departures haven't really helped them and although Thomas Bosc is back in their ranks their results haven't really improved. They beat Salford but I'd have expected that. They've taken 3 real beatings from Huddersfield, Bradford and Warrington in their last 5 matches so confidence may well be pretty low. Castleford have a very attacking back line and even though Shaun Ainscough has gone back to Wigan, I still think Cas will win this and cover the 2pts.

Re: Rugby League: Super League Murrayfield Magic & Co-op Champs

One for me today. 3pts Castleford (-2) to beat Catalans 10/11 Skybet Castleford are an expansive side who like to move the ball around and on this big Murrayfield pitch I think that will be a key factor. They'll have bags of room to display their talent and will come into this game with a bit of confidence having won last week. Catalans are struggling this season. Injuries and departures haven't really helped them and although Thomas Bosc is back in their ranks their results haven't really improved. They beat Salford but I'd have expected that. They've taken 3 real beatings from Huddersfield, Bradford and Warrington in their last 5 matches so confidence may well be pretty low. Castleford have a very attacking back line and even though Shaun Ainscough has gone back to Wigan, I still think Cas will win this and cover the 2pts.
Great call Kev :clap Ill be backing 5pts Wigan -4.5 @ 10/11 skybet today. With Warrington racking up a convincing victory yesterday, they jumped Wigan on the table, and without a doubt Wigan will come into this game pumped to retain their lead on the table. This match however I feel will be a close one, but Ill stick my neck out and back Wigan to bounce back from their suprise defeat in their last game.. Afterall thats what leaders do after a defeat, that is bounce back with a victory. And the fact that they will not be willing to go 2 games losing is enough to convince me to back them to beat this handicap :ok