** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wednesday NBA

Did not see another NBA post around so thought I would start one... Memphis -4 Memphis -4? This line seemed a bit odd considering that he grizzlies have yet to win a game. Tonight is that night and they cover as well. The Lakers are 0-7 ATS when they allowed less than 40% shooting in the last game and one straight up. The grizzlies know that a win tonight is imperative to turning the season around. Although they lost last night the grizzlies are optimistic about their performance. "It's got to be (encouraging) because we didn't look as good in the first three games," Williams said. "As long as we keep getting closer and closer, we'll be OK." Memphis has lost 12 straight games dating back to last season, including the playoffs. "If we would have played like this in the first three games we would have won one by now," center Lorenzen Wright said. "It makes it harder to lose this game because we played well until the end. But the effort was there." CB

Re: Wednesday NBA Philly -9 The Nets still have to prove something to me this year. I know they beat Portland last night, but it was a case of Portland giving away that game. I also like to take teams in back to back at home when playing a team in back to back going on the road, as it is always nicer to go home again. Mercer was sidelined last night with a knee Injury and with the numbers Mourning put up he has to be tired for this back to back set. The sixers had a bad time with turnovers and that will make them focus more on keeping the ball and playing solid defense which should not be hard against the Nets.The sixers have proved this in the past as they are 5-2 straight up after committing more turnovers than assists winning by an average of nine points a game. Coach Jim O'Brien, on different occasions during his postgame interview, referred to the turnovers as "indescribable," "dissatisfying," and "ridiculous." "This is a major problem that we have to do something about," O'Brien said. "The guys who are playing are the guys that are going to play for us, and they have to do a better job of making decisions and not being involved in getting themselves into traffic." O'Brien didn't point the finger only at Iverson for the turnovers, noting "there were a lot of guys that didn't do a good job of taking care of the rock." Iverson, however, pointed the blame at himself. "If I turn the basketball over, we don't have a shot of winning the game, it's as simple as that," said Iverson, who finished with 29 points and 10 assists. "You can talk about other things happening, but if I don't turn the ball over as much as I did, we would have had a better chance." I like the fact that Iverson puts the blame on him; it shows a sign of maturity for a guy that now controls the entire offense at point and is standing out as a leader. Finally the Nets are 0-5 straight up and ATS when they score less than 90 points and win a game losing by an average of double digits. I look for the Sixers to focus on defense win the turnover battle and stomp the Nets tonight. CB

Re: Wednesday NBA Under 204.5 Sea/Sac I may be in the minority but I am going to go with the under in tonight’s game. Both these teams are in a back to back situation and if I recall correctly teams coming off a game in Denver often play sluggish the next night out when it comes to point production. When it comes to Seattle they are mostly a two man scoring threat and both had good nights last night in Seattle’s lopsided victory. The under is 9-1 in the last ten games the Sonics have played at home after a double digit road victory. The Kings have the under at 4-1 as the last five road favorite opportunities and 6-2 when they won the last game by at least ten points going under by an average of 15 points a game. This one should stay well below tonights total. CB

Re: Wednesday NBA Portland +4 Portland off the lousy loss last night should welcome a trip to Boston to play the Celtics as they have one the last five straight there to include two lopsided victories last year. Gary Payton has been sluggish this year for the Celtics as he has a career high so far in turnovers and Paul Pierce may be a little hesitant to go hard to the hole after spending a day in the dentist chair after getting a tooth busted in the game against the Knicks. The Celtics are just 3-7 ATS in the last the games against the Blazers and 0-6 straight up and against the spread after attempting more than ten three pointers and making half of them. The Blazers are 4-0 straight up and against the spread as an underdog when they lost their previous game as a road favorite. They are also a very nice 31-17 straight up after shooting less than 40% from the floor in a loss. The Celtics will have trouble defending inside and will lose outright tonight to the Blazers. CB

Re: Wednesday NBA

The Celtics will have trouble defending inside and will lose outright tonight to the Blazers. CB
:ok With you on this one CB. Portland shot a HORRIBLE 23% yesterday...13% from 3 land. Boston shot 55.8% (and 54.5% 3's) in their last game, a win @ NY. Portland have won thier last 5 meetings @ Boston SU (and ats), by an av. of 7 points. Rahim, Ratliff and Randolph inside will be WAY too much for Boston to handle inside, and there's no way they shoot so badly again tonight. Utah -9.5 (Gamebookers) I have Utah winning this game by 15. Good Luck guys. :clap