Full Ring more profitable than 6 Max

GaF

Re: Full Ring more profitable than 6 Max Tend to agree, only got a small sample of full ring(approx 3000 hands) compared to about 15000 hands logged at short handed so nothing conclusive, will be interesting to compare in 15000 hands time. Will report back then (may take a while) I feel a lot more comfortably playing full ring then short handed, must be my tight nitty style:$.

Re: Full Ring more profitable than 6 Max Kind of interesting. I saw the first graph they did which showed a lower % of winners in 6-max and with some fairly warped logic decided that 6max was therefore softer. The most obvious argument against that is if you were to plot the % of winners at different levels of play (i.e. from 5NL - 5KNL) you would expect the % of winners to be lower at higher stakes. We assume lower stakes are softer therefore the game with the higher % of winners would be the softer game. That graph is more interesting. I would think they need to do some plots using stakes instead of game types. By doing so they would demonstrate whether the % of winners/% at given winrate is a good measure of the toughness of the games. If it turns out to be so it would be interesting because I've often heard to argument that in 6 max you have more opportunities to exploit weaker players therefore can achieve higher winrates than at full ring. Without some kind of analysis though I don't think you can say whether that argument is right or wrong.